Mail Delays

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMail Delays

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My wife has been informed by a Chengdu post office that mail being posted in China now takes about 2 months to arrive at an overseas destination because of customs. Can anybody confirm this?

Keymaster

I mailed something in November and didn’t experience this. Right now mail and customs is in a state of chaos though with the virus, so your results may vary. Sorry for the late reply.

Participant

Thanks Charlie. I hope that you are surviving OK.

This was before the virus was an issue. The delays might have been related to the approaching Spring Festival. However, it seems as if China Post have gone all pedantic on us as they appear to have new guidelines. Needless to say the guidelines are not necessarily relevant for the UK but failing to follow the guidelines can result in them refusing to accept mail despatches. We ended up using a courier to despatch a simple letter.

I am currently back in the UK scanning the internet for the indications that it is OK to return. Meanwhile we are relying on couriers for important mail since there is every likelyhood that there are going to be massive backlogs on mail deliveries within China for some time.

Keymaster

I left also, I’m in Cambodia. Thank you for the well wishes. I’ll go ahead and make a virus thread on here, just in case anyone is seeking info in Chengdu. I am still in touch with friends there daily and waiting until it’s safe to return.

edit: Coronavirus in Chengdu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.