Mandarin Club + General Advice

HomeForumsIn ChengduMandarin Club + General Advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve been researching different places to live and study Mandarin and I’m really interested in moving to Chengdu (mostly for food-related reasons). I noticed Mandarin club mentioned in these forums so I took a look at their website.

Does anyone have any experience with the Mandarin club accommodations? I’d like to stay for three months and it seems like most leases require a 6 month minimum, so if the accommodations are ok.. that would be amazing.

Another more general question I have is: If you could choose to live anywhere in China for three months, would you choose Chengdu?

Keymaster

I don’t know about their accommodations but I tried Mandarin Club a few years ago and enjoyed it, would recommend based on my experience there. If you’re considering Chengdu for studying Mandarin, keep in mind that many locals speak Sichuan dialect (which is more of an accent than a language). Sichuanese do not speak a particularly standard form of Mandarin. But it is the best food in China (in my opinion) and especially in the spring months from March until June, it is one of the best places in China to be. Good luck!

Participant

thanks for the reply! The plan is to be in China for 12 months total, so I’ll be stopping in Chengdu to eat *everything* even if it’s not where I end up doing an intensive study program.

Participant

If you like, I can teach you Mandarin for free, while I can improve my oral English as well. LOL

Participant

if needed, find me on wechat: gaoleiidf4

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.