Mega House Party @ Flower Town, 7/13

HomeForumsIn ChengduMega House Party @ Flower Town, 7/13

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The fourth house party at Dojo is upon us. If you guys haven’t heard about these events, they are already the stuff of Chengdu legend. Here’s what’s at this event:

Seven DJ’s are on the lineup, more will be there playing music. No pop music. Big sound! This will be the last Disco Death with all three members present (Big Snax, Just Charlie, and Jovian).

We’re up in the kitchen cooking up magic. Seriously, the food is really good and some of this stuff you can’t get anywhere else. Like Deep Fried Oreos, Grilled Cheese with Bacon, and our famous Baijiu Watermelon.

We built a geodesic dome out of metal pipe. It’s majestic and it lives at Dojo, come check it out. We brought it to a music festival last weekend in Chongqing and it was a huge hit, this is what it looks like:

Qingdao is 10 yuan, or you can ball out on Beerlao for 20 yuan, player. We have Jungle Juice and locally brewed beer, too. Courtesy of Brian Devlin and Ben Brown, who are both brewing up magic in Chengdu.

The best graffiti artists in Western China are fixing up the Dojo up nice. Come see art get made during the day, or fire get spun at night. Or play beer pong, we have that, too. Bring your A-game because beer pong gets competitive.

• Starts at 6pm, goes really late
    • Free entry
    • Location is in Flower Town, the address and Google Map is here

You can take a taxi directly there, which will cost you about 50 yuan from Chengdu. Split it with friends and get there cheap and easy.

You can also the subway, get off at the second to last stop on the Eastern end of Line 2 (it’s called Honghe, ??). At exit A1 you’ll see cars with the Dojo logo who’ll take you to our gate for 15-20 yuan.

The same drivers will be waiting at our gate to take you back into the city late at night in whatever state of inebriation you’re in as long as you can communicate a location.

Spread the news and bring your friends. See you on Saturday the 13th, this will be one to remember! You can see some photos of previous Dojo events here and follow Dojo on Weibo here.

Participant

These parties have been getting better and better each month! This will be my final chance to rage at the Dojo before heading back home to the US, looking forward to going out with a bang!

Participant

I’m definitely going to make it out to this. I am moving to Chengdu on Saturday, and I am excited to meet people and find out where the fun is! Cheers!

Participant

hey, I noticed that there is an Pool Party with 10 DJ’s, Saturday 7/6 – same party and same place?

Keymaster

hey, I noticed that there is an Pool Party with 10 DJ’s, Saturday 7/6 – same party and same place?

No, they are different places, but both in Flower Town. I’ve never been to the pool party location before.

Participant

but seems is that u put pool partyad ?

Keymaster

but seems is that u put pool partyad ?

The pool party is a separate event, I am DJ’ing there but that is not my event. The Dojo is an organization with a handful of members, of which I am one. I suggest you come to both!

Participant

Nooooo this is literally the day after I leave town, so sad 🙁

Participant

These events look badass!!

Participant

THE highly anticipated party just around the corner…!

Participant

Getting back to China tomorrow! Can’t wait for this!

Participant

It’s so gooooood !

Participant

What’s the protocol if it’s raining like this on Saturday?

Will the event be postponed?

Keymaster

What’s the protocol if it’s raining like this on Saturday? Will the event be postponed?

Unless Flower Town washes away in a flash flood of Biblical proportions, this party is happening. We’re hoping for the best but preparing for some rain. In the event of rain, we already have lots of cover and we’re adding more. If it is raining on Saturday, we think it’s likely to be a lot more sporadic than the constant rain of the last few days! Fingers crossed.

Participant

Hey,

I’m William I’m 20 years old and  got to Chengdu a week ago. I’m currently interning at the IMF and was wondering how one could attend one of these events?  Thanks

Keymaster

Hey,

I’m William I’m 20 years old and got to Chengdu a week ago. I’m currently interning at the IMF and was wondering how one could attend one of these events? Thanks

Hey William, you can find the address here: Dojo on Chengdu Places

Participant

Thanks I appreciate it!

Participant

We, Natooke, are leading a group bike ride out to the Dojo party this afternoon.  We’ll leave from the shop at 5ish, surely by 5:30.  Anyone is welcome to join us for a leisurely cruise out to the Dojo.  As they say, more the merrier!!!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.