Selling 125cc Motorcycle

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplaceSelling 125cc Motorcycle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I am selling my 125cc motorbike. Its small, very cool-looking. Bougth 5 moths ago and flawless as far as I know.

Contact me for more details.

Wechat–>georgeinchengdu

Participant

Hi, I will be arriving in Chengdu in less than two weeks.    Are you able to drive that without a license there?

Participant

As far as i know, you do not have to have a drive license for driving a motorbike at Chengdu. However, i’m not suggest a foreigner driving at Chengdu, because this is a new city to you , and there are tons of cars and motorbikes that you will be so mess up and confused.  By the way, there are many taxis around every corner of this city and its very cheep.

Good luck!   (Zhu ni hao yun!)

Keymaster

Hi, I will be arriving in Chengdu in less than two weeks. Are you able to drive that without a license there?

No, you need a Chinese motorcycle license. If you’re looking for information on that, check this site: cyclechina.info. Motorcycles are also restricted inside the city itself (as in many major cities in China).

In my opinion it’s best to get around the city with a bicycle (or e-bike) and have a motorcycle for trips outside of the city to surrounding areas. But even for that, you will need a motorcycle license. If you are involved in an accident and are not licensed or insured, you could get into deep, deep trouble. There is a UK citizen in Chengdu who recently got into such a situation and he is in the middle of a catastrophic situation. It is due to his own negligence and belief that the rules do not apply to him.

Participant

OH yikes. I hadn’t heard that story yet, Charlie. Can you share more (not names or anything, but more of what happened)?

Participant

Legally speaking, yes, you need a license. The thruth is that as a foreigner you never get stopped by the police. That being said despite having a motorbike you should drive safely because the streets are often crowded and messy.

Like Charlie said. Ebike->city

Motorbike-> travelling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.