Mountain Bike Ride – Sunday 23rd

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMountain Bike Ride – Sunday 23rd

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

Sunday afternoon I am planning on riding down to this new mountain bike “park” and thought I would post to see if anyone wanted to come along and check it out. It is down by Guofang Leyuan 国防乐园 and is called the “American Extreme Sports Park”. It is about a 9k/5.5 mile pedal from the city center.

The park is still a work in process but has a little cross-country loop and then some jumps and drops as well. We could meet somewhere in the south of Chengdu and head out together. I am thinking about a 1:30 meet up and then head back about 4pm. Post here or PM if you are interested.

Disclaimer, they may have started charging admission fees. I’ll post that if I find out for sure just don’t want someone to show up and feel ripped off.

Participant

Is that near QSI/American Garden? I’ll be riding by there in the morning and can check it out. Very likely that I’ll ride on Sunday.

Participant

Hey Brian, yeah close to American Gardens. If you look at a map 国防乐园 guofan leyuan is on 新园大道 xinyuan dadao and that T’s with 锦城大道 jincheng dadao, the park is at the T intersection, can’t miss it. When facing the park on the right there are some fake “ski” hills and if you head in and left you will find the entrance to the bike park. Not sure if anyone is there tomorrow but you might be able to just roll back and take a look.

Participant

Stephen,

Do you know if they allow fixed gears???

Also, never ridden a velodrome but totally want to.

Finally. I’m in for riding down to check it out. Hell, I can’t imagine it’s terribly technical. Be sort of fun to flip it around to the freewheel and see if the ol’ steed could handle the cross country loop.

Participant

I’m interested in riding out tomorrow, I don’t have a mountain bike in Chengdu, but I’d still like to ride down and check it out. Where are you gonna head out from?

Participant

Hey Justin, yeah you are more than welcome to come. We are meeting at Tongzilin Carrefour (like the square kind of in front of it) at 1:30ish. See you guys tomorrow.

Participant

I didn’t find the place on Friday, but I’ll see you at Carrefour tomorrow.

Participant

Hey Brian, sorry man, directions weren’t great.

Also my phone number is 18030780779 if anyone needs to call or something tomorrow.

Participant

I was planning on heading down with you but, I popped off a curb tonight and my handlebars snapped in half. So I’ve got to take care of that tomorrow. Have fun, maybe I’ll catch you next time.

Quote:
    I popped off a curb tonight and my handlebars snapped in half

Damn! I’ll assume from your posting you weren’t impaled by a jagged alloy stump!

What was this place like? Did any of you make it out there?

Participant

We made it, and it was a lot better than riding the 2nd ring road construction sites.

There are a bunch of jumps and some XC trails winding around hills, but it isn’t huge.

5MiO6.jpg

50bGC.jpg

Participant

Dang Justin! Assume, like Brendan, that if you are posting on here you weren’t hurt too bad. Take care though!

Yeah like Brian said we made it out there. Talking to the guy that is kind of managing the bike side of the park it sounds like a real estate investment and not necessarily dedicated to being a bike park. That means that, for example, that the spot in Brian’s second picture unfortunately will become a go-kart track. Right now I think you can just go there and not pay, but the long-term plan is to make it 100RMB a day to ride (nuts expensive).

Anyhow three of us went out yesterday and that was encouraging to get a few more people out on mountain bikes. In the future I will post about rides I’ll do (to other places probably) if anyone is interested.

Participant

Looks interesting. I can’t imagine paying that much to ride a MTB in a park.

Should have seen Justin’s crash. Still chuckling seeing his reaction as he stood up with half the handlebar just dangling off his bike. Rode it around and used the brake like it was a Wii remote.

If you do regular rides and want to put the word out let me know. That way we can clue folks in if they come asking. Or I could just get a MTB and join.

Participant

Should have seen Justin’s crash. Still chuckling seeing his reaction as he stood up with half the handlebar just dangling off his bike. Rode it around and used the brake like it was a Wii remote.

If you do regular rides and want to put the word out let me know. That way we can clue folks in if they come asking. Or I could just get a MTB and join.

Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.