Moving Soon – How to Find Housing?

HomeForumsIn ChengduMoving Soon – How to Find Housing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi!

I’m moving to Chengdu first week in March and am on the lookout for an apartment and an office space. Although my company will pay for a real estate (zhongjie/lianjia) person, those types of realtors have bad reputations for ripping you off. My questions, which I would very much appreciate answers to, are:

1. Does anyone know a real estate agent that they trust and could put me in touch with?

2. Does anyone know what to call the area between South renmin lu 4 duan (bookworm/American consulate area) up to jiuyanqiao (shangrila area I believe)? I’m looking on Ganji and 58 (Chinese websites) for homes but don’t know what that general area is called.

3. Does anyone just happen to have/know of a one-person apartment (or office space) in that area up for rent?

Thanks a lot, looking forward to meeting some of you there!

Hannah

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Does anyone know a real estate agent that they trust and could put me in touch with?

I personally haven’t heard anyone say something like “this real estate agent is really good” in Chengdu – I think they’re all roughly the same. It might just require browsing websites that list apartments and offices or hitting the street and visiting some different realtors to see what’s available.

Quote:
    Does anyone know what to call the area between South renmin lu 4 duan (bookworm/American consulate area) up to jiuyanqiao (shangrila area I believe)?

There are a lot of different neighborhoods between those two places – that’s a large swath of Chengdu. You probably want to be looking in 武侯区 if there’s an option to select district.

Participant

American consulate area

is in 倪家桥 nijiaqiao where is nearby yulin and Sichuan University

Participant

I would thoroughly recommend Chengdu Tailored Real Estate

http://tailoredcd.com

It is a relatively new company but the service I got was second to none and actually continues to be great 4 months on.

They really get the idea that customer service goes beyond getting your money. They also preview places fro you which stops your time being wasted.

They helped me move into the Poly Center in November and actually that might be the perfect place for you based on your description. It is right beside the Consulate.

Participant

Thanks everyone, I’m getting it sorted out now. I appreciate the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.