Moving to Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMoving to Chengdu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new to this forum, hope you all are doing well. I might possibly move to Chengdu in October this year. Are you many “outsiders” there?

Could you guys/girls give me some “outsider’s” insider scoop of Chengdu about little of everything?

Best gym, (love to work-out). Are there any gym fanatics here in this forum, maybe you can tell me about the supplements that are found around in Chengdu or do I need to import (if it’s allowed)?

How’s the nightlife?

Shopping, is it expensive, a lot of fake stuff out there?

Feel free to write and tell me everything 🙂 I’m trying to find out if China and Chengdu is the place for me. Talk to you laters!

Keymaster

Hey there,

There’s a ton of information on all of these questions here on the forum, but some quick info:

There is a pretty large and growing expat community in Chengdu, the forum has thousands of members.

For gyms, these two are popular: Gyms in Chengdu. There are some gym fanatics here, I’m sure they will emerge.

Chengdu’s nightlife is good if you like low-key bars: Bars in Chengdu. There are a lot of clubs, but most of them are lackluster Chinese clubs.

Shopping can be expensive or cheap, it depends entirely on where you go and what you’re buying.

Where are you from?

Participant

I’m thinking we should a guide for people moving to chengdu. More like just links to the different topics that we’ve already covered ie. stuff to do, banks, kids, air pollution, etc.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m thinking we should a guide for people moving to chengdu. More like just links to the different topics that we’ve already covered ie. stuff to do, banks, kids, air pollution, etc.

That’s a good idea. We have a rough guide but it doesn’t include a lot of the important information. There are dozens of these moving to Chengdu threads on the forum.

Participant

Actually this website is fantastic for new arrivals. I’ve been doing some research into moving to Xiamen, but they dont seem to have anything like ChengduLiving, so its kinda tough to get current on-the-ground info.

Participant

Hi everyone, same situation here. Will move to Chengdu in few months, so perusing the web trying to find as much info as possible. Any insight about where to live, abc of living there will be awesome. I am enjoying reading the posts! This will be my first time ever in China (not counting a very short visit to HK :)…). Actually my experience traveling around Asia is very limited as well. Any hints, tips and insight would be more than welcome! Quick question, any advise on what should I bring with me? Thanks! Roxana

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.