Mt Gox & Bitcoin

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionMt Gox & Bitcoin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m curious if anyone here had funds sitting in mtgox? Or how the bitcoin players here feel about what’s going on?

Keymaster

Fortunately I didn’t have any money in there – it seems crazy to store money in any exchange, let alone Mt Gox. But to me it is highly worrying and poses a major threat to Bitcoin itself.

If this was an inside job – which I’m at least a little compelled to believe – I think this would be the largest heist in the history of mankind. This is $300+ million dollars gone. It hurts, bad.

Still, I’m not selling, but I am considering buying. I wonder what Brendan thinks of this since I know that he’s been heavily involved in the Bitcoin over the last few months.

Participant

Gox closes. Money vanishes. Brendan is out of town. Coincidence?

Participant

“Joining MtGox, Flexcoin today announced they have had their vault wiped out”

… So, what other exchanges will magically shut their doors, virtually disappearing with all the virtual currency, and how will transactions be convenient without exchanges? Is confidence being shaken?

Keymaster

“Joining MtGox, Flexcoin today announced they have had their vault wiped out” … So, what other exchanges will magically shut their doors, virtually disappearing with all the virtual currency, and how will transactions be convenient without exchanges? Is confidence being shaken?

For sure confidence is shaken. But hopefully just in the short term. Events like this will contribute to the long term security and stability of the system provided that it does not buckle entirely from something like this. The value of BTC has already begun slowly going back up again. I keep my BTC in Coinbase. Hopefully it’s safe there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.