Need Help with Money

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNeed Help with Money

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If Sally has 14 rmb and she gives half to Tim, and Tim buys a bowl of noodles for 3 rmb, what time will the train arrive in Chicago?

Also I’m a prince in Nigeria, if you can  donate to me $2000 I will disappear.

More serious though,  I guess one of my responsibilities at my new job is to buy snacks for the department (it’s a pretty serious responsibility!).  However, I have no idea what Chinese eat for “snacks” and apparently they aren’t eating very much of what my boss usually buys.    So if I just walked around and distributed what was left to people, would that be offensive to anyone, and what would a good idea be to buy?  The only thing I recognized in the box o snacks was Chips Ahoy, the rest……I have no idea what it is.

At our workplace they’ve tried a different variety of snacks: sweetened bread, oreos, tofu 干, and a bunch of other bullshit. But then we switched to cups of fruit (kiwi, pineapple, apples etc). Now during snack time it’s a wild stampede.

So I would say fruit. Chinese people love fruit and it’s healthy.

Participant

I’ll have to try that, the only problem I can see is they usually just buy once a month but maybe I can talk to the manager and do a weekly thing or something.

Participant

In our office we have fruit delivered every couple of days. Sometimes apples, sometimes oranges, etc. Bananas are the winner though. They disappear within an hour of getting dropped off.

Keymaster

If you’re buying snacks for Chinese people in Chengdu a good first step is to start with what snacks we as foreigners would find completely unappetizing. My office offers snacks daily and it took us a year to get to the point where it’s anything than foreigners have any interest in eating at all. Now we get fruit cups daily with things like apple and orange slices and a toothpick-like skewer.

Keymaster

I’ll have to try that, the only problem I can see is they usually just buy once a month but maybe I can talk to the manager and do a weekly thing or something.

By the way, I thought I’d add: there are catering companies which provide these snacks. They even have our company logo printed on top of the little plastic cups. I’m not sure what the cost is like but they’re delivered daily.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.