Need to Buy a Natural Keyboard

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplaceNeed to Buy a Natural Keyboard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy a Natural Keyboard (prefer Microsoft, but Logitech also makes a good one) for my computer?

I have a couple in Canada, but when I packed to come here, I didn’t pack one because I thought it would be simple to find a good keyboard here (silly me :). Now, I’m finding my wrists are sore after using a normal laptop keyboard for a week :).

Thanks.

Participant

You can definitely find what you’re looking for in Computer City at the corner of the intersection of Renmin Nan Lu and 2nd Ring Road. It’s a huge building with some kind of metal tree art in front of it. Can’t miss it.

If you’re looking for a specific model, just bring a picture (on your phone, for instance) and show it to somebody on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Or just look around for Microsoft/Logitech keyboard boxes. Plenty of choice.

You can probably bargain about the price a bit.

Participant

You can definitely find what you’re looking for in Computer City at the corner of the intersection of Renmin Nan Lu and 2nd Ring Road. It’s a huge building with some kind of metal tree art in front of it. Can’t miss it.

If you’re looking for a specific model, just bring a picture (on your phone, for instance) and show it to somebody on the 2nd or 3rd floor. Or just look around for Microsoft/Logitech keyboard boxes. Plenty of choice.

You can probably bargain about the price a bit.

Participant

Check these models:

Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000

Some links on 360Buy.com:

Only keyboard

Keyboard and mouse

Only keyboard

Participant

Check these models:

Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000

Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000

Some links on 360Buy.com:

Only keyboard

Keyboard and mouse

Only keyboard

Participant

Where in Canada are you from? I’m from Mississauga, Ontario. Next to Toronto.

Participant

Where in Canada are you from? I’m from Mississauga, Ontario. Next to Toronto.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Computer City has definitely got what you need, at the intersection of 1st ring road and renmin nanlu. You can also find what you need online, but for something like this that will probably cost 100-200 yuan the savings might not be worth the hassle of ordering online.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Computer City has definitely got what you need, at the intersection of 1st ring road and renmin nanlu. You can also find what you need online, but for something like this that will probably cost 100-200 yuan the savings might not be worth the hassle of ordering online.

Participant

@Vincent – I was at Computer City, then tried a Walmart, and then a Carrefour, but I like your suggestion of taking a picture of it on my phone :). My Mandarin is almost non-existent, and even my girlfriend didn’t have a clue what I was talking about, so she wasn’t much help :). Using a picture will probably solve the issue :). Thanks.

@Federico – Yes.. those are not the exact models I’m looking for, but very close. Thanks, gives me somewhere to look if I don’t find it in Chengdu.

@iameric – I was born in Alberta, grew up in Kelowna, BC, but have lived in many parts of western Canada, and had a business in Oshawa for a couple of years (about 1988-1990) that delivered to all convenience stores in Ontario, so probably still know where most convenience stores (Beckers, Mac’s, 7-11) in Mississauga are :). Actually, it was a flower business so I spent most Sundays in the Mississauga Flower District (close to the airport).

Participant

@Vincent – I was at Computer City, then tried a Walmart, and then a Carrefour, but I like your suggestion of taking a picture of it on my phone :). My Mandarin is almost non-existent, and even my girlfriend didn’t have a clue what I was talking about, so she wasn’t much help :). Using a picture will probably solve the issue :). Thanks.

@Federico – Yes.. those are not the exact models I’m looking for, but very close. Thanks, gives me somewhere to look if I don’t find it in Chengdu.

@iameric – I was born in Alberta, grew up in Kelowna, BC, but have lived in many parts of western Canada, and had a business in Oshawa for a couple of years (about 1988-1990) that delivered to all convenience stores in Ontario, so probably still know where most convenience stores (Beckers, Mac’s, 7-11) in Mississauga are :). Actually, it was a flower business so I spent most Sundays in the Mississauga Flower District (close to the airport).

Participant

I agree, computer city is your best bet, just came from there today. Btw @iameric I am also from Mississauga

Just wanted to add that I used a Microsoft Natural keyboard for a few years before and it really screwed up my typing habits. I type much better now on a quality standard keyboard. Soreness in your wrists could be due to your seating position and desk setup.

Participant

Well.. I did get a keyboard (I needed the 4000) finally. They didn’t have it at Computer City, but a couple of blocks away I was able to order it. They said it would take a week, but phoned me in 2 days to say it was in :).

Chris.. just so you know. I’ve been a software engineer for over 30 years now, and I spend from 40-90 hours a week (every week) at the computer. If you use a normal keyboard for those kinds of hours for that many years, you will eventually develop all kinds of wrist and shoulder problems. Lots of studies to show that, I’m not going to quote them, just take it as good advice.

The other thing is the Natural Keyboard forces better typing habits. Lots of typists use the wrong fingers for the keys at times and it’s harder to do on the Natural keyboard so you eventually quit doing it.

Yes, once you are used to a Natural Keyboard it is very difficult to type on a normal keyboard, but I only use my own equipment anyway.

Thanks for the advice guys…. Success !!!

Brad.

Glad you found what were looking for. I also developed pain from being at the computer, but mine was from online poker, so it was mostly mouse action that caused my issues. Our experiences are probably pretty different. Cheers, type away!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.