New to Chengdu, Looking for PT Work

HomeForumsIn ChengduNew to Chengdu, Looking for PT Work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone

I’m Lin a nineteen year old English student. I am from the UK and am currently taking a gap year before heading to uni, I’ll be visiting Chengdu this summer as I am half Chinese myself on my mums side, meaning that I will be visiting a large collection of distant relatives who have offered me a rare chance to come and experience China.

I will be in Chengdu for over two months from late July to early September, meaning that I will have a lot of time on my hands. Knowing literally no one In Chengdu I was wondering If there was anyone hiring any foreign workers to do any low paying part time jobs such as waiting or bar tendering.  I have had previous experiences working in restaurants back home in England, but I’m sure the gig would be very different in China.  I can speak both English (fluently, first language) and mandarin (almost fluently, minimal writing skills), I posses decent GCSE’s and A Levels If that means anything in the Chinese watering industry. Overall i would describe myself as competent, reliable and hardworking. I’m also capable of having a laugh. Apart from that I’m a handy to put in at No.5 when the spinners come on and I`m a capable left back on the soccer (football field).

Apart from looking for a Job, I am also looking for a couple of dudes to show me around the place and have a few drinks with. I’m up for just about anything. I’ll be exploring the City almost every day when I`m not working.

Cheers

Participant

why is the text all messed up ?

Participant

i would like to show u around chengdu and up to have some drinks, as i spent 3 years in UK and just back CD this Feb. Just leave ur email that i can contact u, mate.

Keymaster

why is the text all messed up ?

It’s because you used Chinese apostrophes and not English apostrophes. I went ahead and changed them so it looks normal now.

Participant

cheers charlie for fixing the problem

Participant

still looking for PT work if anyone is interested

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.