New Year's Eve in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduNew Year's Eve in Chengdu?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Any update on things happening in Chengdu on NYE? I’m now definitely going to be around. I’ve checked The Bookworm’s website, but they haven’t mentioned anything yet.

Keymaster

Basically every nightclub is hosting some kind of event. I wouldn’t expect much to be happening at the Bookworm, since it is a bookshop and cafe/restaurant. In general NYE is not a huge event in China like it is in the West. I would recommend hitting up a club or bar if you are looking for a party.

Participant

We’re not really clubbers. Are any bats, restaurants or hotels doing anything? I know it’s not a Chinese holiday, but plenty of places offered Christmas parties and I wondered if it was the same for NYE.

Thanks

Jenna

Participant

Well, it’s not a big day to Chinese like me. I think the best choice will be watching IMAX movie. Else, there are many hostels may hold gathering or parties, look around then.

Participant

A colleague just sent me a huge list of bars, restaurants and hotels that are holding parties, so it’s all sorted. Thank you 😊

Participant

ChengduBeer weekly makes “Upcoming Events” overviews, and have special posts for celebrations like Valentine, Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgivings, New Year, etc.

Can add their WeChat: chengdubeer

Here’s another post: http://www.chengdu-expat.com/2016/12/28/chengdu-new-year-events-parties-2/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.