Newbie Coming to Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionNewbie Coming to Chengdu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve just moved from Dubai to China. I am currently in Beijing getting my work permit sorted and my first day in Chengdu will probably be the 20th June. A quick intro, I am a mechanical engineer from Egypt, I’ll be staying in Chengdu for 3 years (If I survive), looking forward to hopefully meeting you all and making new friends.

Charlie and everyone – all your posts have been really helpful to get to know Chengdu before arriving. Thanks!

Participant

Marhaba ya Hisham! There are some fellow Egyptians here, if you’re interested. We ourselves have lived in Cairo for six years before coming here. I’ll leave town for the summer holidays on the 26th, but perhaps we’ll meet after the summer. Welcome to Chengdu!

(If I survive)

Ha Ha! You have been reading the posts!!

Good luck with your move, you’re coming at the best time of year. We’ve been having clear skies and less humidity so far this Spring/Summer.

Enjoy!

Keymaster

Hi Hisham,

Welcome to the forum and to Chengdu. Like Brendan said, you’re coming at a fantastic time, the weather has been tremendous all summer. I’ve heard a lot of Chengdu veterans say this has been the best summer they’ve seen in Chengdu and I would probably agree with that.

I’m sure you’ll survive in Chengdu! It’s a lot easier to live in than Beijing I’d say, in general.

Participant

i’ve been looking at photos of Chengdu being posted on instagram and the weather looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks again for the welcome and hopefully I’ll get to meet you soon.

kim – have a fantastic holiday and see you when you’re back

Participant

Perhaps they only posted the nice pics on instagram, hahaha! Also do look at Charlie’s collection of daily pics of the air (air pollution) on this forum, to get a real feel of the sky most of the days. It must be said that the haze is not all pollution (some humidity involved, too), but you will get the idea.

Participant

Welcome to Chengdu  which is a very beautiful city

Participant

<p style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469);”>thank you Alicelilee</p>
    <p style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469);”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>Kim, so the clear blue skies, humming birds and pandas in the parks was all a big lie – my dreams shattered! Haha!</span></p>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.