North Fake

HomeForumsIn ChengduNorth Fake

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have searched, up to now in vain, for a fake North Face jacket. It is getting cold and I am inappropriately dressed.

I have been to all the places that people always recommend(Renmin Nan/First Ringroad intersection, Wuhouci, North Train station market) but I have found nothing that was reasonably priced. Could anyone recommend a place? I am looking for a good quality fake around the 500 mark or less. Mucho gracias.

Keymaster

Hey,

The first place I’d check is Chunxi Lu. Although there are a lot of high priced shops there, what you should look for are the touts who hang out in the plaza. They’ll approach you asking if you want shoes, clothes, etc and generally they’ll lead you to a network of apartments that sell fake goods. Some of the stuff you can find there is good quality, and almost all of it is very cheap. I’d be willing to bet you can find what you’re looking for there.

The other places that you checked (Renmin Nanlu, 1st ring road intersection, Wuhouci) will have jackets like the one you describe but they’ll be high priced. Good luck!

Participant

Yeah, there is a north face shop amongst all those outdoor stores on Yihuan Lu, just near the ren min nan lu intersection. Their prices are super high, cos the sales assistants insist that the stuff is real. I’m no expert on fakes, but as with all those camping shops (and the ones around wuhou jie), buyer beware…

Keymaster

Yeah I wouldn’t buy from there at all. If you’re going to spend $200 on a North Face jacket, I would absolutely insist on buying it overseas in an actual North Face shop (where at least you can be certain that it’s not fake).

Another option is Taobao. You can find dirt cheap jackets on there for very cheap and lots of them have detailed high resolution photos of every part of the jacket so you can examine it yourself before buying. Zippers, seams, materials etc.

Participant

cheers guys for the suggestions.In the end I got my friend to order me one on Taobao – loads of options actually. Didnt make it to Chunxi Lu but I did happen to spot a stand selling NF jackets on Renmin Zhong Lu, past the stadium. Of course just after id just ordered one on Taobao, but there we go.

Thanks again.

Keymaster

No sweat, congrats. Honestly, Taobao might be the best place to get this sort of thing anyway:

1) Unmatched selection

2) Prices are already rock-bottom due to vendors competing with eachother

3) You don’t have to go searching around in the cold

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.