October Holiday Plans

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionOctober Holiday Plans

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

YO!

I am coming back to the Du for the October holiday. What’s up, anyone wanna spend a few days on Qingcheng Mountain? Qionglai or something?

We could even hit up Emei or Mengding Mountains as a group and just take a spot over.

Let me know what you guys have planned

Keymaster

The main thing planned is this: DJ Shadow in Chengdu

Other than that though, I’d be down for a trip. I’m sure Kafe, Oliver etc will be down to join so we can get a small group. Qionglai, Qing Cheng Shan, or Mending all sound awesome to me. I will have some supplies ready for that, also.

Participant

cool. shadow and then a lil retreat to the hillz.

Beverley Hillz?

Participant

Hillzbillies?

Participant

I’ll be arriving in time to work like 2 or 3 days and then get the holiday off. 😀

I’d love to get in on something like this. But, since we will have just arrived we probably won’t be settled in yet & my wife probably wouldn’t appreciate me taking off & leaving her alone in still unfamiliar territory.

Participant

I’d be down for some hiking, camping and panda bear wrestling.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’d be down for some hiking, camping and panda bear wrestling.

Do you have a tent?

Real men don’t need a tent.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Real men don’t need a tent.

I picture you passing the night by doing pull ups on tree branches for 9 hours. I need a tent.

I picture me chopping down trees to bench press. After that, I’m gonna make me a house! 😀

Rafting at Qing Cheng Shan then camping. How does that sound?

Participant

Before I think about rafting or camping I have to ask… is there a Chinese version of Deliverance?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Rafting at Qing Cheng Shan then camping. How does that sound?

That sounds super awesome. They have rafting at Qingcheng Shan? Do you have any information on this or have you done it before? I would love to do that.

Participant

rafting and camping on qcs … not sure about either really. i have been there a bunch of times and the “river” is shallow with boulders. its awesome, but not like some whitewater rafting spot. unless i am missing out, which i hope is the case. same for camping: most of the mountain has human settlement of some kind on it. whats up? where’s the secret spot?

It’s on the way to Qing Cheng Shan. Not white water rafting but still fun. Camping place is totally NOT human settlement. BUT how do I do it with a 1 yr 8 months baby? I’ll give you guys more info soon but i guess i’ll have to pass…

Keymaster

Yeah, that’s a little young for camping. Even if it’s not white water rafting, just floating down a river sounds like fun to me. I grew up kayaking and canoeing down the James River in Virginia and haven’t done that in years.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.