Table Tennis in Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduTable Tennis in Chengdu?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Just moved to Chengdu, around the Dongsheng Town area in Shuangliu County, I’m looking to play some table tennis quite regularly at a good standard. Does anyone know of any opportunities or clubs close by?

Thanks very much!

Keymaster

The only place that I know if is the Sichuan University gym (the one inside the campus) which has a gigantic ping pong area with players of all skill. Mostly really skilled players, though, I’d say. I’m sure there are many clubs and more places to play and you can find those if you can read/write Chinese on Baidu.

Participant

That’s great thank you Charlie. Do you have an idea where the University is roughly, struggling to find out where abouts it is? And do you know whether you just turn up and there is always people playing or is there set times the ping pong is on?

Thanks!

Keymaster

That’s great thank you Charlie. Do you have an idea where the University is roughly, struggling to find out where abouts it is? And do you know whether you just turn up and there is always people playing or is there set times the ping pong is on? Thanks!

Yeah, it’s just and really easy to find. Ask anyone where Sichuan University and they’ll point you in the right direction – it stretches across a large section of the Southeast of Chengdu. There are multiple entrances but it doesn’t matter which one you use – just go to the stadium. If the stadium is in front of you, the ping pong area is to the right and you’ll walk down some stairs to get there. There are people playing there always, but on weekends it’s especially busy.

Participant

Nice one much appreciated, will definately take a look soon.

Participant

There’s a place above carrefour in tongzlin which is fine. We went there once and they also have badminton. you can rent the rackets if you don’t have and i remember they charged something like 30-40 an hour! Other than that I usually play in my housing complex which is located near high-tech zone subway. I am interested as well to play pingpong once a week. Lets do it sometime next week?

Participant

Is this what you’re talking about Charlie? Or something else?

null

Keymaster

No the place I’m talking about is indoors and gigantic – I’d estimate there are 20 ping pong tables in the room.

Participant

There’s a place above carrefour in tongzlin which is fine. We went there once and they also have badminton. you can rent the rackets if you don’t have and i remember they charged something like 30-40 an hour! Other than that I usually play in my housing complex which is located near high-tech zone subway. I am interested as well to play pingpong once a week. Lets do it sometime next week?

Hi Pardhu yes that sounds great! Would be able to tomorrow anytime, or Tuesday afternoon from around 2pm, if not then sometime next weekend? Either at Tongzilin or the High Tech Zone I don’t mind, Let me know!

Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Vincent wrote:</div>

No the place I’m talking about is indoors and gigantic – I’d estimate there are 20 ping pong tables in the room.

Sounds pretty good, gonna have to take a trip there and show these Chinese how table tennis is really played….!

Participant

Hi Matt. I can’t do it tomorrow or the weekdays. Lets do it next weekend? Ill leave you a PM

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.