Photography lab in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPhotography lab in Chengdu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know where a good photography lab is here in Chengdu? I brought both my digital camera and my 35mm SLR (I’ve used the former extensively but haven’t touched the latter since I got here). I already have a lot of really cool pictures that I’d like prints of, and I’d like to buy and develop some 35mm film while I’m here. Also, are there any expat photography/photo editing groups in the city? I know I’m not the only one out here…

Participant

First of all I recommend:

成都宝丽莱数码冲印

Nan Da Jie Road (near the Jinjiang Hotel)

富士激光冲印

First Ring Road South Section 24, 5 (Digital Square nearby)

ShenXianShu Road 6

and

优美玉林数码冲印

Liu Xiang, Yulin (near Yulin East Road)

Keymaster

Getting 35mm prints should possible at one of the photo labs you see on the street (many of them are Kodak-branded with the traditional yellow branding). I assume those places will sell at least a small variety of 35mm film as well but I’m not 100% certain since I’ve never bought any in Chengdu. I do have a friend that has a good photo lab that he goes to on a regular basis, and I will inquire about that.

If you’re looking to get your prints framed for cheap, there’s a great shop on Nijia Qiao Rd a few blocks from the subway station. I got some 3×2′ photos framed there for something like 150-200 yuan a few years ago. They’re holding up great. I know another place that does massive prints for a reasonable rate also. I have a 7 foot tall print of a sunrise on the Mekong in my bedroom that I photographed in 2003.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.