Pingle Ancient Town

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPingle Ancient Town

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone’s been to Pingle and would have some info on it. More specifically, I’m looking for details about the guesthouses in the bamboo forest… also any interesting stuff to do around that area ie. Tiantai Shan

Thanks!

Participant

Pingle is kinda nice from Mon to Fri but is an absolute crowded nightmare on weekends, especially now that the weather is improving. If you stay overnight its kinda peaceful when the day-tripping hoardes and their litter disappear.

I did Tiantai shan but was pretty disappointed. The main problem is that you need to do abit of walking on the road, and that means cars and buses, horns honking (even when you make eye contact with the driver, they insist on blasting the fucking horn). One section of the mountain, along the river is very pretty but alas, you’re gonna get alot of “Helloooo!” from local tourists. Hotels are charmless and you gotta bargain relentlessly. Also when you arrive at the bus station at the base its pretty chaotic. I haven’t done Mengding or Wa Wu mountains bit these places sound better. Wa Wu shan apparenty has excellent bird-watching…

Participant

You have to try 奶汤面 and 钵钵鸡, strong recommendation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.