Playing Poker in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduPlaying Poker in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Guys

I’ve just arrived in Chengdu. I’ve seen a couple of old posts about poker games.

Does anyone know if any of these games are still running?

Any other details would be great (buyins, rebuys, blind limit times)

Hope to hear back soon

see you at the table

Keymaster

Hi Dan,

One of the first places to check would be Dave’s Oasis on the river in Chengdu, they host regular poker nights. Otherwise there are many other poker games in Chengdu but a lot of them are invite only and are between friends. Dave’s is a good place to meet people and get connected to those other games.

Keymaster

Hi Dan,

One of the first places to check would be Dave’s Oasis on the river in Chengdu, they host regular poker nights. Otherwise there are many other poker games in Chengdu but a lot of them are invite only and are between friends. Dave’s is a good place to meet people and get connected to those other games.

Participant

Yeah – Dave’s on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. Tournaments when there’s enough interested people, which are 100rmb buy-in with rebuy available until first deal around the table is complete, 1st hand rebuy 100 afterwards 200/double if the timer goes off. Cash games 50rmb buy in, no rebuy until all chips gone. Not a game for making cash, just fun to play and hang out 😀

Participant

Yeah – Dave’s on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday. Tournaments when there’s enough interested people, which are 100rmb buy-in with rebuy available until first deal around the table is complete, 1st hand rebuy 100 afterwards 200/double if the timer goes off. Cash games 50rmb buy in, no rebuy until all chips gone. Not a game for making cash, just fun to play and hang out 😀

Participant

I’m not sure if anybody would be up for another kind of gambling?

The CIFL are going to run a Race Night on Saturday. Basically I have a DVD of horse races and we will gamble on the results.

Participant

I’m not sure if anybody would be up for another kind of gambling?

The CIFL are going to run a Race Night on Saturday. Basically I have a DVD of horse races and we will gamble on the results.

Participant

Cheers Guys

Thanks for the Info and quick response

Hope to see you there tomorrow

Participant

Cheers Guys

Thanks for the Info and quick response

Hope to see you there tomorrow

Participant

Forgot to ask

what time do people usually get started playing?

Participant

Usually around 9 Dan, depends on when people show up – sometimes a little later. If it’s a planned tourny night (Thurs) generally try to start the tournament as soon as enough people ready after 9..

I don’t know how busy tuesdays are now, haven’t been since Dave went on vacation and it shut down for a few weeks, but may end up goin tonight.

Inactive

go try black quartz in tong zi lin, its a texas holdem club…100-300 buy in…open every night from 7 pm

btw black quartz in on xin xi wang lu 新希望路

Participant
    Quote:
    go try black quartz in tong zi lin, its a texas holdem club…100-300 buy in…open every night from 7 pm

Is that the poker club where you can’t cash out actual money when you’re done playing? Like you get vouchers or phonecards or something in stead? So that it’s a “legal” business?

(FYI Xinxiwanglu is not in Tongzilin by the way, it’s at the other side of Renminnanlu. A sidestreet of Hang kong lu. Tongzilin metro stop though.)

I’ve noticed people posting pictures of the black quartz place and was wondering about that. They market it like a wine bar or something.

I found out that there’s a poker room around here than plays 10/25 (1k minimum buyin). But I haven’t inquired any further. Poker rooms like this are sketchy. Similar games in Chongqing get broken up by the cops regularly.

Participant

4th day in a row I was playing in an underground pokerroom I recently discovered and there already was a police raid yesterday LOL. They came in undercover and suddenly started waving badges around and carrying guns. We had to sit quiet with both hands on top of the table for like 2 hours. Felt like a movie. About 30 people eventually were moved to the police station in police vans and after 4 hours and interrogating everyone and taking statements they let us go.

Positive thing is that there wasn’t any money lying around because we were basically playing a SNG with iPad4 as 1st prize in a pokerclub.

They asked me a bunch of questions like what I was doing in China and how I got my F visa etc. They said if I get caught in a game like that again there will be serious consequences.

Am I seriously risking jailtime/deportation if I keep playing live pokers here? Even if it’s not “cashgames”?

15KZ0dA.jpg

Be careful laowais

The dealer looks like she’s 12.

Participant

Isn’t that the reason why we’re all in China?

Quote:
    Isn’t that the reason why we’re all in China?

370439_1.jpg

You & Jimmy. Jimmy’s dead.

… yeeah

but anyways, how was the quality of the game?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.