Previous Mayor of Chengdu Under Investigation

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPrevious Mayor of Chengdu Under Investigation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Li Chuncheng, Deputy Secretary of CPC Sichuan Provincial Committee, has been investigated by the Party’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.

Li is believed to be the first cadre at the deputy-provincial level to be investigated after November’s 18th Party National Congress, at which he was elected as an alternate member of the party’s central committee.

Li was taken away by the party’s discipline inspection commission late on Sunday, according to sources. He was then on Monday taken out of Chengdu, and news was announced on the same day at an internal meeting which gathered top provincial decision makers.

Li’s downfall is believed to be connected with revelations by Dai Xiaoming, a state-owned company boss who was investigated in mid-August. He exposed many cases of breaches of laws and disciplines by other officials during the investigation.

Dai, born in 1956, was a former “skeleton staff” in Li’s administration in charge of economic affairs. He was named boss of Chengdu Industry Investment Group Co., Ltd, one of Chengdu’s most important financing vehicles, according to sources.

Li was elected as an alternative member of the party’s central committee in the 16th Congress but failed to be enlisted in the 17th, which was probably due to his involvement in a sensational case of Han Guizhi, a minister-level official in North Chinas’ Heilongjiang Province who was sentenced to death for bribery in 2005.

Keymaster

I hear he’s guilty. Very guilty. I haven’t read many English language reports about this yet, but I see that it’s a big issue locally. A few Chinese friends have told me about this and also mentioned that he was unpopular in Chengdu even before all of this broke.

Participant

We have a post on this subject that went up yesterday, check it out:

https://www.chengduliving.com/the-case-of-li-chuncheng/

Participant
    Participant
    Participant

Some of the amounts I have heard attached to Li Chuncheng’s corrupt deals are beyond staggering. The level of greed is so far past comprehension, yet so tolerated.

What a handsome chap Li is too!

:/

Some of the amounts I have heard attached to Li Chuncheng’s corrupt deals are beyond staggering. The level of greed is so far past comprehension, yet so tolerated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.