Public Transportation Card

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionPublic Transportation Card

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Rode the subway the other day, noticed people had these card where they can just swipe at the entry to enter the subway platform.

Where can I get those cards and how much does it cost?

Look for the little movable kiosks that never have anyone working on them, maybe it’ll be your lucky day! Kiosks at Tianfu & Chunxi are often manned, but less busy stations are less likely.

The cards are 50 RMB, and include 30 RMB credit.

Participant

you can buy the cards at the little kiosks at the metro stations but they are only open during the day and close around 5pm. Having a card gives you a discount every time you use the metro and you can also use it on the buses as well (also discounted). So its really worth getting one. When you swipe your card on the metro or bus it tells you how much money you have left, and you can top up your card at the metro ticket offices.

Participant

Thank you guys, will be on the look out for those kiosk. But are there established places? Like the ones you’re certain is open or actually sells one of those cards

Participant

You can also buy them at the red Hongqi Chain stores scattered around the city. They’re called 天府通, Tian Fu Tong, but I’m not sure if there is a more common name.

Participant

When buying, specify whether you want them to contain metro credit or bus credit (both systems work differently). You can charge your metro credit at any metro station in one of the electronic card machines or with the help of the cashier.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    They’re called 天府通, Tian Fu Tong, but I’m not sure if there is a more common name.

This is the correct name, I notice that a handful of stations have the kiosks in them now which is great. Previously you could only get them at Hongqi which didn’t make much sense. Getting one of these cards is crucial if you take the subway even occasionally – between 5:30 – 6:30pm at the Century City station the line to get a single use card is enormous.

Participant
    Quote:
    between 5:30 – 6:30pm at the Century City station the line to get a single use card is enormous.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTAwNjU5NDAw.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.