R.I.P Sir David Frost

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionR.I.P Sir David Frost

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sir David Frost has died of a heart attack. One of the greatest interviewers and I used to love through the keyhole!

Sad news indeed…

Keymaster

Never heard of this guy before… famous in the UK I assume?

Participant

Yeah he’s famous. He’s the Frost (Played by Michael Sheen) in ‘Frost/Nixon’ the Hollywood film about the Nixon interviews.  I don’t think it actually won anything but it was multi nominated for every major film award.

He presented a few shows but he’s most famous for those types of interviews, interviewed every serving British prime minister from Wilson to Cameron and every president in office from Nixon to Bush (jnr).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Frost</span&gt;

Have a read, it’s Wikipedia so you know it’s true! (“,)

Participant

Through the Keyhole was a little before my time. But damn, he was still a great British icon.

Definitely an icon. The backstory behind the Nixon interviews is fascinating, with the interviews themselves propelling him into superstardom both in the States and the UK. I believe he was still interviewing right up until his death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2408344/Sir-David-Frost-dies-74-suffering-heart-attack-board-cruise-liner-Queen-Elizabeth.html

Lennon Harrison Frost

Ali Frost

Keymaster

Yeah he’s famous. He’s the Frost (Played by Michael Sheen) in ‘Frost/Nixon’ the Hollywood film about the Nixon interviews. I don’t think it actually won anything but it was multi nominated for every major film award.

Ah, right, that guy. That was a pretty great movie.

Participant

Watched one of his last interviews a few days ago.Always very knowledgable.Not so ‘in your face’ as Amanpour,and never boring.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.