Recommendations for Neighborhoods to Live In?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRecommendations for Neighborhoods to Live In?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My husband will be starting work in Chengdu soon. Friends have recommended Tongzilin as a nice area to live. Of course, it’s all relative to what ‘nice’ means to any given person. We will want to be near the Consulate area and ideally not live in an island of foreigners, if that’s possible. All suggestions for areas/places to live will be welcomed. Probably we’re looking at a 6 to 8 mos stay. Thanks!

Keymaster

Hi Julian,

There aren’t really any islands of foreigners in Chengdu so you should be okay there. Popular neighborhoods in that area are Zongnan and Zongbei, both within walking distance of the consulate. Tongzilin is a little further away but also walkable, and so is the Yulin neighborhood. There are some new developments going up on the consulate road, literally next to the consulate, that look very nice also. Not sure if they’ve opened yet, though.

Participant

Welcome!

I live in Jinjiang District in center of Chengdu. We have near the subway but I don’t know how much time to arrive at the consulate.

Keymaster

Here’s a rough map of the areas I mentioned in relation to the US Consulate:

consulate-area.jpg

Participant

Charlie and Frederico, thanks very much for your replies! The map is very very helpful, as well. Thanks, also, for this excellent forum. Lots of great info here. J

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Charlie and Frederico, thanks very much for your replies! The map is very very helpful, as well. Thanks, also, for this excellent forum. Lots of great info here. J

Glad to help Julian, good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.