Recovering Lost Files on an iPod

HomeForumsIn ChengduRecovering Lost Files on an iPod

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve an ipod classic 160gb

I’ve lost all the data music,pics,videos, & all the data & documents which I was keeping in the ipod hard drive using as a disk drive. I tried to pull out some information how to recover lost data but mostly i’ve found they all talking about & giving you different properties of softwares of recovery the data in the apple software which comes with our ipod’s. but i want to recover the data which i was keeping in the disk drive. Is there any one who had faced the same problem as me in the past or something related to it? or any one who can guide me how to tackle with this situation which just pop out. I’d glad to hear

Keymaster

Using a 160gb iPod as an external hard drive is a terrible waste… you might be able to recover the files, it depends on the condition of the drive. Google for data recovery software.

Participant

Usually if hardware isn’t damage, you can try to recover files and folders.

Many times (lose data still to be a problems in the IT world) I supported customers for this operation but I must say to you that if don’t use a professional way (recovery data companies) you have near an 50% of succesful!

I like GetDataBack of Runtime but you have many softwares, try to check here:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

Participant

charlie.. yes you are right using it as a disk drive its terrible. The condiction of drive is perfectly fine. It’s just got restore by itself I don’t know how, they ask me in the tab do i want to restore to it’s factory settings or not even I clicked cancel but it was already done. After that device is working fine, but there is no music files & the data which i was keeping in the disk drive. The music files I can bear that cuz i’ve backup of that but I don’t have backup of the documents & picture which I was keeping in the disk drive.

Participant

federico.. Thanks for ur concern. Acctually I tried to get software online for the recovery tools. But in most of the software instruction they all saying to that it will recover the music files, pic, video, but nobody is talking about to recover the data in the disk drive.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

I’ll try today to use software one’s you’ve recommend me n get back my data.

One thing more if you know, what if I use different computer to run the software for the recovery is it gona work? or the computer should be same as the one by using that i’ve lost the data in the disk drive.

Participant

I use Phoenix Stella for OSX. You can download the trial version and test to see if it can see your files

Participant

I use Phoenix Stella for OSX. You can download the trial version and test to see if it can see your files

Participant

With GetDataBack you can recovery all types of files but another software that you can use is Stellar Phoenix like Ian suggested…

You can install this software where you want, isn’t important which pc you use.

If you send to me an e-mail at: [email protected] I can share with you my GetDataBack license and software

Participant

With GetDataBack you can recovery all types of files but another software that you can use is Stellar Phoenix like Ian suggested…

You can install this software where you want, isn’t important which pc you use.

If you send to me an e-mail at: [email protected] I can share with you my GetDataBack license and software

Participant

RB. Any luck?

Participant

Right! some news?

Participant

google Recuva, it’s a free software, as soon as you didn’t rewrite on the disk, you can recover anything, even after formatted

Participant

If you know CCleaner of Piriform, Recuva it’s same software house… http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Participant

lan.. yea im going to try today. Before i was so busy.

Well thank u.

Participant

federico. then the software you was saying is the same as dujiangYan said?

or different softwares just published by same software house?

Participant

I prefer GetDataBack that I shared with you 😉

Participant

Thanks for everybody out there who tried to help me out. Finally i’ve got my data using Recuva. Thanks again for every one 🙂

one thing im curious to know, is there a way that if we want to change the hard disk of ipod classic?

Participant

Checkout this utility to recover lost ipod files. Download the free trial version of iPod data Recovery Software to recover data from your hard drive. You can recover your data in just 15 minutes, download the software, install and recover data instantly. Firstly you just try the free trial version of the software. Download from here:

http://www.datarecoveryipod.net

Thanks

Hi RB,

Was the software that you have used to recover documents from iPod classic can support to recover videos from iPod nano? If yes, can you give a brief explanation on how to retrieve video from iPod using the software. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.