Recruiting Football Players & Cheerleaders

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRecruiting Football Players & Cheerleaders

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Guys, we are the Mustangs American Football team. We have started for about a year now. We train every Sunday afternoon, in a school near the Huaxiba Metro Station and Western Tower (ren min nan road). We are aspired to be the best team in Southwest China, and we might have some matches with other cities. Right now, Beijing and Shanghai has several good amateur teams.

Now we have around 20 team members.We are looking forward to have more to join us and enjoy the game as well as the brotherhood. You don’t have to be very big or fast, as long as you can commit to this sport, you are free to come and train, or just for a visit and share with us your experience.

Also, we have a cheer leading coach from Germany, and she is preparing a team of cheerleaders, by far, we have around ten girls for the first training, the second will start soon. If you want to learn to be a cheerleader, feel free to come.

We are also looking for a coach who’s got some experience!

If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact me for more information.

Teddy

Cell: 13551317045

E-mail: [email protected]

Photo

Another Photo

Participant

Here’s a photo album of the team: Chengdu Mustangs Football Team Album

Participant

Here’s a photo album of the team: Chengdu Mustangs Football Team Album

Keymaster

It is awesome that there’s an American football team in Chengdu. I would love to come check it out one day. How does it work with pads and helmets – does everyone buy their own pads or is there some kind of communal system in place? Do you have sponsors? Is there an official league?

Keymaster

It is awesome that there’s an American football team in Chengdu. I would love to come check it out one day. How does it work with pads and helmets – does everyone buy their own pads or is there some kind of communal system in place? Do you have sponsors? Is there an official league?

Participant

Hey Charlie, glad you are interested. We are more like an amateur club right now, every one buy their own pads and helmets. Now we have around 12 pads and helmets. We constantly lend them to new comers for practice and matches within the team. We do not have any sponsorship by now. Chongqing started a team a month ago, and we might have some regional games going on in the near future. NFL China is ambitious in promoting this sport in China, and we would love to be a part of this momentum.

Participant

Hey Charlie, glad you are interested. We are more like an amateur club right now, every one buy their own pads and helmets. Now we have around 12 pads and helmets. We constantly lend them to new comers for practice and matches within the team. We do not have any sponsorship by now. Chongqing started a team a month ago, and we might have some regional games going on in the near future. NFL China is ambitious in promoting this sport in China, and we would love to be a part of this momentum.

I stopped by to watch them practice last weekend. Although the variance in size among the players was quite large, (big and small guys alike) they all were training pretty seriously.

I didn’t stay for the scrimmage afterwards, but I was watching some of the training drills and they didn’t seem very effective – but take that with a grain of salt since the closest that I’ve come to playing football was in a regional flag football league.

I do expect this to increase in popularity pretty quickly. I’ve read that THE NFL has been promoting American football in China ambitiously.

I would just be worried about safety. The pads and helmets are a little counter-intuitive in that it allows/encourages players to hit harder thus increasing the chance for injury. I dunno if its worth it to risk multiple concussions in an amateur sports league.

I’m just speculating though. I love American football, I would still think about joining if I had more time. Rock on guys.

also, I’m all for the cheerleaders 😀

I stopped by to watch them practice last weekend. Although the variance in size among the players was quite large, (big and small guys alike) they all were training pretty seriously.

I didn’t stay for the scrimmage afterwards, but I was watching some of the training drills and they didn’t seem very effective – but take that with a grain of salt since the closest that I’ve come to playing football was in a regional flag football league.

I do expect this to increase in popularity pretty quickly. I’ve read that THE NFL has been promoting American football in China ambitiously.

I would just be worried about safety. The pads and helmets are a little counter-intuitive in that it allows/encourages players to hit harder thus increasing the chance for injury. I dunno if its worth it to risk multiple concussions in an amateur sports league.

I’m just speculating though. I love American football, I would still think about joining if I had more time. Rock on guys.

also, I’m all for the cheerleaders 😀

Participant

Thx Chris for the valuable feedback.We should definitely work on our training,since we do not have a Coach. We have concerns about safety too, acoording to other teams in China, we do not have many terrible injuries for the previous year, but yes, it is still a concern.

The cheerleaders are definitely a thrill to us all, the German Coach have won many international awards, and we are really excited to have her with us.

Participant

Thx Chris for the valuable feedback.We should definitely work on our training,since we do not have a Coach. We have concerns about safety too, acoording to other teams in China, we do not have many terrible injuries for the previous year, but yes, it is still a concern.

The cheerleaders are definitely a thrill to us all, the German Coach have won many international awards, and we are really excited to have her with us.

I also have experience as a cheerleader in powderpuff football (where girls play and guys cheer), so I know that

THIS…

cheerleaders.jpg

… is not an appropriate stunt. But I approve.

I also have experience as a cheerleader in powderpuff football (where girls play and guys cheer), so I know that

THIS…

cheerleaders.jpg

… is not an appropriate stunt. But I approve.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Safety is definitely a concern, I took tons of big hits in high school and saw friends get seriously injured. I was getting destroyed by guys 30+ pounds heavier than me as a tight end receiver though, I suppose that wouldn’t be as much of an issue here. The other thing is equipment, football requires a lot of it.

One Sunday I’ll come check you guys out though, I have a lot of good memories playing football.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Safety is definitely a concern, I took tons of big hits in high school and saw friends get seriously injured. I was getting destroyed by guys 30+ pounds heavier than me as a tight end receiver though, I suppose that wouldn’t be as much of an issue here. The other thing is equipment, football requires a lot of it.

One Sunday I’ll come check you guys out though, I have a lot of good memories playing football.

Participant

Yes, please, Charlie. Come and share with us some of your experience, we are pretty new to this game.

It is the brotherhood and sense of community that keeps us on the team, it is really good to get together with the boys and fight together on weekends. I really miss that after graduation from College.

Participant

Yes, please, Charlie. Come and share with us some of your experience, we are pretty new to this game.

It is the brotherhood and sense of community that keeps us on the team, it is really good to get together with the boys and fight together on weekends. I really miss that after graduation from College.

Participant

Here’s our new Gangnam style video Gangnam style – mustangs

Participant

Now we have 4 American Coaches, and a game with Chongqing at the beginning of next year. Go Mustangs!

Keymaster

Do you guys watch football at all? I’ve been trying to watch Redskins games every week but I can’t find a solid place to download the games from.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.