Represent Your Local Music

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionRepresent Your Local Music

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

There is another thread for new music for 2013. For a long time I have had quite a big interest in that really loose music category of World music.

Since we have posters from all around the world on the forum I thought it might be nice to exchange and promote music from our own countries, music that we might not have heard of, or may never hear of.

I will start with a trad fusion band from Ireland called Kila and a collaboration of theirs

Kila & Oki – Topattumi

Second band is a Celtic / African fusion band put together from a guy from London I believe

Afro Celt Soundsystem (ft. Sinead o’Connor) – Release

Music also doesn’t only have to be from your own country.

Thanks 😉

Keymaster

Great idea for a thread. There are a few types of music distinct to my hometown of Washington DC:

First would be Go-go, which is a kind of funk music that is little known outside of the DMV region. Here’s what it sounds like:

Junk Yard Band – Loose Booty

Another genre invented in DC is moombahton, which was “discovered” in 2010 by Dave Nada, a local DJ. It’s like slowed down house music with reggaeton percussion. It’s great party music that I play at basically all of my DJ gigs. This is what it sounds like:

Lastly, DC was once famous for hardcore punk, especially a band called Bad Brains, which uniquely many influences together, like reggae and funk music. This is what they sound like:

Keymaster

Great idea for a thread. There are a few types of music distinct to my hometown of Washington DC:

First would be Go-go, which is a kind of funk music that is little known outside of the DMV region. Here’s what it sounds like:

Junk Yard Band – Loose Booty

Another genre invented in DC is moombahton, which was “discovered” in 2010 by Dave Nada, a local DJ. It’s like slowed down house music with reggaeton percussion. It’s great party music that I play at basically all of my DJ gigs. This is what it sounds like:

Lastly, DC was once famous for hardcore punk, especially a band called Bad Brains, which uniquely many influences together, like reggae and funk music. This is what they sound like:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.