Sales on Taobao and T Mall, 12/12

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSales on Taobao and T Mall, 12/12

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I heard there is a big sales day today on Taobao and T Mall. This may be interesting for some people who missed the last sales day on 11/11. Have a look if you need to buy something.

Last sale was pretty good since you could get almost 50%off on most of tmall shops, this one is a joke, the biggest discount I saw was 10%, it’s just the hype that taobao creates.

Keymaster

I didn’t even know there was a sale yesterday but I was buying some things on Tmall yesterday anyway and noticed that they were discounted. Nice! They’re smart to do all these promotions – I heard recently that Taobao sales on 11/11 amounted to more than Black Friday sales in the US. Incredible.

Participant

Had a talk about these promotions recently with a Chinese friend. She said she’s not really fond of shopping during these actions cause the whole country is going nuts on these type of things which often causes stuff to arrive much later than usual. Another thing she said is that stuff on taobao is quite cheap already and that doing big promotions and price reductions doesn’t really fit the sellers’ nature to earn money so that they might use less than good stuff to sell during these times.

One thing to keep in mind as well is that soon it’ll be new year and Chinese new year so there’ll be promotions all over the place anyway. Money can be spent all year long 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.