Satellite Programming Disappearance?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSatellite Programming Disappearance?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is it true that the government ‘changed the server information’ so that illegal satellite reception is no longer happening? That’s the story we got from our rental agent. Our system was in place when we moved in, but as of about a week ago has only been getting 3 stations featuring old programming in Chinese. BLAH!!!! How can I find out who wore what at Tyrion’s wedding? And of course, other important news. What are the options?

As Charlie already pointed out in the other identical thread you started on this topic, download or stream it like everyone else does.

Participant

Last GoT was truly awesome!!! Have you tried fiddling with your dish or cleaning your receiver module? Or perhaps all the silver-iodide rain-making activity has affected reception? My satellite receives GoT beautifully, but there are other ways of watching these……, when the rain spoils reception…..

Participant

Sorry about the double post, Ben. My computer kept making me log into to CL and kicking me off. I couldn’t see the post, and it didn’t look like it was successful the first time.

Graham, thanks for the suggestions.

Participant

Please don’t climb on anything dangerous to fiddle with your dish…… I should have added that the chances are your satellite system is based on an old analogue system that has been obsoleted – Dreamsat maybe? I think the original signal from those came from Philippines or Thailand (not sure). In any case the analogue systems have been superseded and its a complete fallacy to suggest that its the servers. They also relied on internet based codes which often were unreliable, but worth checking if the internet is working.
    My system is sourced from a Thai satellite using a DISHHD box (without internet) so I have 1080p resolution on most channels. Providers of that keep changing as strictly satellites are not kosher so mine could stop anytime too. Here’s a couple of links: http://tinyurl.com/pcdy2sf or http://tinyurl.com/oec4p5c if you want to change but no idea if they are still current, reliable or active.

Best way of all though, nowadays, as Ben and Charlie suggest, is to stream or download the files.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.