Searching for Apartment

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplaceSearching for Apartment

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoSS.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know of a website with classifieds advertising apartments in Chengdu, in either Chinese or English?

Or a decent agent that you recommend who can send you (honest) photos by email in advance of being traipsed around places you have no intention of living in? And listens to you, when you say ‘must have a wooden floor’ they don’t show you a place with broken tiles or concrete, etc..

I’ve only found myhouseinchina.. so far and prices seem a bit over the top.

Ta,
    Andy

Participant

Highly recommend these, http://www.tailoredcd.com

don’t worry about the pics on the website they are only as a guide but contact Connie on email [email protected]

She speaks English, and wont show you anything that doesn’t meet your requirements. She regularly works with foreign companies and individuals. I know for a fact other people on the site have used her before.

Keymaster

Hi, Does anyone know of a website with classifieds advertising apartments in Chengdu, in either Chinese or English? Or a decent agent that you recommend who can send you (honest) photos by email in advance of being traipsed around places you have no intention of living in? And listens to you, when you say ‘must have a wooden floor’ they don’t show you a place with broken tiles or concrete, etc.. I’ve only found myhouseinchina.. so far and prices seem a bit over the top. Ta,
    Andy

Basically if you’re searching in English, everything you find will be prices that are over the top. That’s the Laowai tax. Unfortunately if you want a legitimate deal (a comfortable apartment that has everything you want, in the location you want to live in, without being insanely overpriced) you probably have no option but to traipsed around between places. It’s a lot of trial and error, but if you’re going to live somewhere for at least 6 months, I’d argue that it’s worth it.

Participant

Chinese sites:

soufun.com has really edged out other sites, I think. Good search, good level of information including recent rents and management fees. You can report the agents if they post fake pictures. (Though some obvs still do.)

ganji.com and 58.com are also ok and have lots of by-owner. Koubei used to be, too, but they seem to be part of taobao now and I’ve used soufun.com for the past few moves

Good practice to confirm your requirements with the agent before going to EVERY apartment. They do seem to have an incentive just to show places, so will walk around with you even if they don’t have anything that you’d take. Just refuse to go to the apartment if they don’t confirm the wooden floor first. You will still run into problems (oops, I misunderstood/made a mistake) but far less.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.