Seeking SEO Advice

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSeeking SEO Advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anybody knows how to do SEO in a more techie way? My husband use woorank.com but still need a techie guy to fix the problems.The Chinese website designer doesnt know how to do microformat and other things. It will be nice if anyone can help. Thanks!

Keymaster

Are you optimizing a Chinese or English site? A good start would be paying someone to carry out the actions recommended by Woorank.

If you have any specific questions you can post them here or email me.

Participant

I have an excellent SEO guy in the UK who’s worked wonders for my site. He doesn’t charge a monthly retainer like many of the other ‘consultants’ out there who’ll just tweet a few things per month and take your cash.

He can also manage a google adwords account for you. But he doesn’t do Chinese sites, if that’s what you’re after.

I think Baidu uses similar algorithms to google, although in a less sophisticated way. SEO in China is not the big industry it is in the west. Read today that the average SEO consultant salary over the last 5 years has gone from £40K to £75K a year!!

My guy charges about £200 for working through the site and making a load of changes, then more to set up an adwords campaign etc. Drop me an email if you’d like his details christopherdobbing[at]gmail.com .

Hope that’s some help.

Participant

There are a lot of things you can do to improve your search engine ranking. The major thing (in my opinion) is incoming links from external websites.

If you don’t have the addthis.com widget, or any general share functionality then you’re gonna find it difficult to get a lot of incoming links. At the end of the day, you need to get yourself onto other websites and start adding links to your pages on those sites. Ask friends and family to do the same via their accounts on other websites and your rank should start to go up.

You can always pay for 40,000 tweets etc. but I’m always a bit sceptical about these.

Thanks guys. Mine is an English site using American server. We paid someone from woorank but they didnt do much job. And the CHinese guys who designed our sites dunno much abt google but more baidu.

Keymaster

Can you link to your site?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.