Sending Blu-Rays or DVDs to the US – Done it?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSending Blu-Rays or DVDs to the US – Done it?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I have 150 Blu-Ray movies that I’m trying to get rid of, so I’m thinking of shipping them to my sister as a gift.

Is it dumb to mail them to the US? Will they get intercepted or “not make it”? Anyone have any experience with this – shipping DVDs, etc?

I went to the US years ago with a gigantic DVD case filled with movies and had no problem. Not sure if mailing them is a different situation or not – these are in individual plastic cases if that makes a difference.

Participant

Try DHL.

But it will be a huge expense, there are some companies in shanghai doing this kind of business, shipping cargo to usa, but i don’t know how to contact them.

Participant

I don’t think you can send dvd’s abroad by post. They seem to check everything you send and all food products (incl. tea) is not allowed.

DHL or Fed-ex will probably do it, but you’ll pay a lot for it.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    DHL or Fed-ex will probably do it, but you’ll pay a lot for it.

I’ll get a quote from DHL then. Thanks!

Participant

Sooo…. Where do you get all these blu-rays? I need to restart my collection too, had over 30 blu-rays in the US… Crap ton of money!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Sooo…. Where do you get all these blu-rays? I need to restart my collection too, had over 30 blu-rays in the US… Crap ton of money!

Computer City, there are secret Blu-Ray vendors all over the place. Just follow the people who yell DVD at you on the fourth floor.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.