Setting Up a VPN on iPad Suggestions

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSetting Up a VPN on iPad Suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi. Any suggestions about using VPN on IPad?

I tried vpn reactor and it wouldn’t connect to the servers. Although I tried a free version.

And another one I tried works only on the browser but not on the apps.

Thanks.

Keymaster

Setup whichever VPN service you use as a PPTP VPN under Settings > Network. Everything, all apps, will route their traffic through the VPN. I haven’t ever tried any apps that act as a VPN, but I would expect those to not work as well, if they exist. I’ve tried a few different VPNs on iPad, no problem. One cool thing is if you have an Apple TV and an iPad you can stream from the iPad to the Apple TV. Great for watching movies, TED presentations, etc.

Participant

I gave my Apple TV to my parents, and replaced it with a Mac Mini. Great looking little device matched with wireless kb/mouse..

RE: VPN, I use StrongVPN on all my devices, as Charlie said you set it up via iOS VPN configuration not via any 3rd party app, and they work as well as on any other PC/whatever. I often use my VPN on phone when travelling to get my youtube fix.

I only wish Hulu would allow hulu non-plus accounts to use mobile devices, as it used to, or allow non-US credit cards to sign up for Hulu+..and my normal TV needs on mobile devices would be solved 😀

Participant

Alright. Thanks guys. Will look into that 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.