Shunan Bamboo Forest?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionShunan Bamboo Forest?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m thinking of visiting the bamboo forest in December, and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I was wondering if there is still a direct bus to the gate from Chengdu, and how to get around once I’m in the park? All advice is much appreciated.

Thank you

Jenna

Keymaster

I think it’s around 5 hours via bus, to Changning through Yibin. It should be beautiful in December and not have that many tourists. Once you’re in the park I think you can hire a driver to take you around although I haven’t done this trip myself.

Participant

Thank you, that’s great. Do buses run as normal on 1st January, as it’s not new year here?

Keymaster

I imagine they will, yes. Best to confirm at the station or make a phone call, though.

Participant

Thank you! Do you know who I’d contact?

Keymaster

Thank you! Do you know who I’d contact?

I would contact the bus station or a travel company who would know.

Participant

@JennaBG,actually on 1st January,the drivers and others are still working,maybe it is a little bit expensive than usual,if you go by yourself,then you can book the tickets and the bus via online,it is cheaper and will not be cheated.

Participant

Thank you. Do you know a bus website where I can book tickets?

Jenna

Participant

https://www.scqckypw.com/ you can buy your ticket here, it is an official website for tickets. and if you go the bamboo forest in winter, you’d better ware more warm than in Chengdu.  When you there, you can try the rice in bamboo. By the way, Zigong is not far from Yibin, you can also go Zigong to visit the dinosaur museum, the most large one in China.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.