Sk8boarding in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSk8boarding in Chengdu

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Discovered that Chengdu has it’s own little Burnside near the south 3rd ring road and the airport expressway.

Anyone round here push one of them wheelie boards around and interested in cruising down there with me to check it out?

It’s nice. I’ve been there a couple of times now. It’s not metal but composite. A mini ramp as well as a street course. Smooth concrete surface and the whole thing is fenced in so you don’t need to sweat losing your board under the wheels of a truck.

Only ever seen a group of scooterers there, but usually appears pretty un-trafficked.

If anyone’s interested, skateboard, fruit boots, or scoots, let me know. Thinking I might ride down there Sunday evening or sometime early next week.

Participant

Perhaps go this sunday to see .. 😉

I’d go to have a look.

lol. fruit boots.

Participant

Used to “ride” a Santa Cruz Jeff Kendall many years ago. They say you never forget (just like riding a bike). That shit ain’t true. Last time i tried i definitely forgot how…

Keymaster

I have a longboard, not ideal for ramps, but it’s perfect for rickshaw skitchin’.

There used to be a lot of skaters at ramps by Xiangbing Guangchang, but I didn’t know about a park near 3rd ring road in the south. I’m down to check this place out, definitely.

Participant

Give me a shout when you ride down Jake, I’d be interested in checking this out too.

Participant

For those interested in checking this out, swing by Natooke at 7:30. We can set out around 8:00 and check this place out. I don’t think it’s directly lit at night but it’s got plenty of ambient from street lights and such. We’ll see!

Participant

I haven’t skated in a while, but I bought a board since I’ve arrived to Chengdu and I’d like to see what abilities I’ve lost. I’ll come check out this place with you.

Participant
    Quote:
    I haven’t skated in a while, but I bought a board since I’ve arrived to Chengdu and I’d like to see what abilities I’ve lost.

I’m in the same boat really. Always more fun to skate with others!

Participant

Bummer to those who weren’t able to come out and gleam the cube with us.

Thinking we ought to (probably will) do this again next week.

Participant

jacob: could you post a link to google maps please? i would like to check it too…

Participant

GPS coordinates. Just punch these into google maps.

Participant

thanks for coordinates… its pretty far from my place, but let me know when you will go there and i will try to join you 🙂

Participant

thanks for coordinates… its pretty far from my place, but let me know when you will go there and i will try to join you 🙂

Participant

hey i just got to chengdu and would love to find the little parks you guys were talking about or any other sweet skate spots. really i would like to find people to skate with so let me know.

Participant

I’m up for it.  I’m sure Julius would be down to join in too.  Especially now that the weather’s cooled off it should make for some great skating.  It’s been too long since I got out to the park.

If you’re interested swing by Natooke and we can sort out when and where.  Normally evenings for me are good, but it would be cool to check with Julius.  As the park is a bit out of the way we can always lend you a bike to ride down there to boot.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.