Stabbing in Chengdu

HomeForumsIn ChengduStabbing in Chengdu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Stabbing in Chengdu: 15 Injured, 4 Dead

Weibo was lit up with news about this last night, there are some pretty gruesome images online of people bleeding on the streets. What makes this story so strange is how rare something like this happens in Chengdu. You almost never hear about violent crimes like this in the city. Looks like the perpetrator of this was actually shot by police, too (another rarity – I basically never even see police who are carrying).

As I would expect, this occurred in the North of Chengdu. Tends to be where most of the seedy activity happens. Aka the train station, factory, and street-side tattoo district.

Participant

It’s insanity and tragedy ,I heard of that guy is got some mental issue. And he don’t have any motive commit such a sick crime. I’m pretty sure these kind of thing is always connected to social problem. I don’t have pity for this guy, but I think this kind of thing will only increase in the future. Just watch new about raping happened everyday in India, and some officer took a bribe in china.

Participant

Oh this is really sad. Thankfully these occurrences are extremely rare, something I couldn’t say about the UK, or indeed my hometown and it’s surrounding areas. Interesting that the guy was shot, I wonder how quick the response was. I have images of someone having to run and open a store cupboard several minutes away for a gun, then run back. Meanwhile…

Participant

It just makes no sense why he hurt random people~~

Participant

Cases like that do happen, less frequently here in Chengdu but to my knowledge there was another gruesome crime just few months before about a highschool student killed on his way to buy a top-up card. the perpetrator, alleged to have no connection with this boy or his family, almost slaughtered the boy and choped off his hand if i remember right.  it turns out that the killer is a psychopath and yesterday’s case might be of some similarities.

Participant

I think people of china are facing a crucial time, no believes, and helpless. So many crazy people on the news everyday. Probably you will notice that most psychos like this kind got money for family or land problems, and cant get help from the G, and probably G is the one responsible for the problem.

Participant

Alexander, I don’t agree with you. This guy is a good person with filial piety, and an impassioned one. Checking through all the bombs, torchs, stabs in China these years, you could find the person who commit it are not the middle east kind terrorists. They once were dutiful men. But just the same kind of duty makes them do it. And the disappointment to the country too. Don’t say they don’t want to make the one who make them suffer pay. But in the current condition, they can’t even get close to the one who make them suffer.

Being born in a relatively fair society, it is no strange that you can’t understand the low class Chinese people.

You don’t go through as the same misery as they did.

And the low class Chinese people don’t need your cheap pity.

It’s insanity and tragedy ,I heard of that guy is got some mental issue. And he don’t have any motive commit such a sick crime. I’m pretty sure these kind of thing is always connected to social problem. I don’t have pity for this guy, but I think this kind of thing will only increase in the future. Just watch new about raping happened everyday in India, and some officer took a bribe in china.

Stabbing in Chengdu: 15 Injured, 4 Dead Weibo was lit up with news about this last night, there are some pretty gruesome images online of people bleeding on the streets. What makes this story so strange is how rare something like this happens in Chengdu. You almost never hear about violent crimes like this in the city. Looks like the perpetrator of this was actually shot by police, too (another rarity – I basically never even see police who are carrying). As I would expect, this occurred in the North of Chengdu. Tends to be where most of the seedy activity happens. Aka the train station, factory, and street-side tattoo district.

Participant

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2011/03/201139153815866372.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/focus/2010/05/201051863250462270.html

Two pieces about mental diseases in China, which I wouldn’t be surprised if the perpetrator of the act suffered from one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.