Start a band?

HomeForumsIn ChengduStart a band?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everybody,

Im looking for some people who want to get together and make some music. I’ve played guitar for 10+ years, mostly folk, rock, as well as a little jazz, but open to anything (except metal ha). Some of my favorite bands are Wilco, Radiohead, Conor Oberst, Black Keys, and The National.

I don’t exactly know where we can practice, but there’s gotta be something out there. I’m thinking we could start out with a few covers, just to have something to play, then make some original music. Or if you already have a band, and need a guitarist, let me know.

I love to make music and hope I can find some others here who do too. Thanks for checking this out.

Participant

can’t help you with the band but dude i love the national – boxer is all i’ve been listening to lately!

Keymaster

Elias has a jam space in his house, we’ve been talking about meeting up there and making some music but it hasn’t happened yet. He plays bass, so we should make this happen. I can do percussion.

Participant

@lovesiwo, haha! that album is awesome!

@Charlie, wow, sounds great! I’ll PM my phone number and email.

If you get a band together and need groupies, I’m there. love the black keys.

Participant

yeah i’m back on the forums! yup i’ve been playing bass for 13 years but not nearly as much as i used to. you can catch me at jah bar on thursdays battling the forces of reggae.

not really a lot of mutual interest in the bands you listed but we could jam sometime in my practice room. i’m more into: funk, disco, jam-rock, ska, jazz and blues.

Participant

Elias, sounds good! I’ll PM my info to you. I’m up for whatever- those are just the bands I tend to listen to more than others, haha.

http://www.whosdoing.com/music may have some people too. They’re just starting out but growing quickly.

http://www.whosdoing.com/music may have some people too. They’re just starting out but growing quickly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.