Summer Activities for Tweens?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSummer Activities for Tweens?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoshu.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My family is hoping to come to Chengdu for a month this summer. We hope to immerse our girls (ages 10 and 12) in Chinese via activities with Chinese kids. They study with a tutor here in the US but get little real practice. (My wife and I speak just enough Chinese to manage the basics of daily life.)

Any suggestions on programs or activities we could put them in, whether its sports or camps (does China have kids camps?) or participating in a school or kindergarten? We’ll need to find a one month apt. rental as well, any advice for that? We’re all up for an adventure, thanks!

Participant

Chengdu Youth and Children’s Palace 成都青少年宫

262 Shuncheng St, Qingyang, Chengdu, 0086 28 8662 8464(I got from google)

My mom sent me there to learn drawing each weekend when I was a kid.(I took Bus route 1)

Lots of choice for you including table-tennis, Olympian math etc

They also have evening project.

The Youth and Children’s Palace looks very promising, thank you! Do you know if you have to sign up for a whole program/class? Or do they have “drop in” events where you just show up and do whatever the daily activity is that day?

Participant

It should be OK if you want to drop in. I still suggest you to ask them to make sure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.