Qingcheng Mountain Kung Fu Trip in September

HomeForumsIn ChengduQingcheng Mountain Kung Fu Trip in September

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hello everyone!  i’m sorry to bother you at this time .

22/9 or 23/9 .2015, Dujiangyan government , the center of Qingcheng mountain management and Sichuan China Youth Travel Agency plan to hold a Non-profit event in Qingcheng Mountain to promote Chinese traditional culture.  These three sponsors want to invite about 500 foreign friends to join.

1.In the morning, Then Qingcheng Kung Fu’s master LiuSuiBing( who is in charge of Qingcheng Kung fu, the leader of Qingcheng faction,very famous ) will teach these 500 foreign friends to play TaiJi (most famous Kung Fu in China) and teach them Chinese traditional regimen methods. 2. As for lunch, sponsors wll invite all the people to taste four Qingcheng special food—kiwi wine , Ginkgo stewed chicken , Qingcheng tea and Qingcheng pickle as their lunch.3.in the after noon, every foreign friends will be invited to visit and climb Qingcheng Mountain.

please attention:this event is a non-profit event because of Gonvernment support, every foreign friends just need to pay about 99/people or Lesser! this price event is far below cost price.(cost price about 220/people)

The survey is going to research if foreign friends interested in this cultural event,please give me some advice! Thank you very much!!

Keymaster

Based on what you’ve written here, my first thought is that 500 foreigners paying for this is never going to happen. 30 foreigners, maybe. I would recommend people either learn taiji or go to Qingcheng Shan independently, rather than buy into this stewed chicken and Qingcheng pickle package deal. I understand that the government wants to promote traditional Chinese culture though, and that is a good thing.

Participant

I was thinking the exact same Charlie, except maybe 10..maybe. However:

I understand that the government wants to promote traditional Chinese culture though

Likely far less about promoting traditional culture, more about trying to get some photos for a slideshow to show how wonderful of a job they’re doing rebuilding the area post-quake and promoting the local culture with all those funds (likely need to show proof of where a bunch of budget went), and how some local non profit working with the gov’t puts together amazing cultural events with the *appearance* of promoting traditional culture..however, from what I know about organisations and gov’t with things like green tech, they are likely fully subsidized for far more than the actual cost and anything on top is just more kickback for the pocketbooks so why not right!

I’d have a hard time believing someone could amass 500 foreigners for this thing if they were *paid*…it’s also suggested to happen on a weekday which means they basically need people to take days off or not be employed during the week.

Some other issues: it’s a day trip. Logistical *nightmare*. Add in the fact it’s all foreigners, imagine even just 80 or 100 foreigners in a big group going off to Qingcheng for some kinda day trip, they all going to stand around in a field listening to Taiji master or start getting loaded! I’d love for a representative from the forum to attend and let us know how wonderful it went. 😀

Participant

You’re pretty representative for this forum Rick! I like your suggestion.

😀

Let us know how it was!

Keymaster

I was thinking the exact same Charlie, except…

Well said, Rick. I think your estimation is on target. This is doomed to spectacularly fail unless they’re going to pay each of these “guests” (photo subjects) enough money to get them to jump through these hoops.

Participant

I recently went to Qingcheng Mountain. The small traditional village there would be totally overcrowded, if 500 people at the same time would show up. You go up there on narrow roads in small mini vans. One van can transport 20 people and from the nearby train station it takes 30 to 45 minutes to drive up there…. Overall it is simply not possible to organize this event for 500 people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.