Tango

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone!

Thank you for this blog in the first place. I just arrived in the city, and I do find it useful to get around in my first days here. I’m from Spain and plan to stay in Chengdu for some years.

Someone asked me recently about a place where to learn and/or dance tango. Does anyone know any dance school, club, bar, coffee etc where he can go? If so, please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!

Isa

Welcome to Chengdu Isa,

I haven’t heard of a place to learn tango but there are a lot of dance studios in Chengdu so there’s a good chance you’ll be able to find what you’re looking for. I’m sure a few of them offer tango but I can’t recommend any specifically.

Ok, I’ll have a look at those studios. Thanks, Matt 🙂

Hi Isa,

Did you find any tango here in Chengdu?

Are yo looking for Argentine Tango or Ballroom tango?

My wife and I are interested in Argentine Tango, so far the closest that I know of can be found in Hong Kong.

Br Juzu

Hi, Juzu.

This is the only things I found, I’m not sure there’s tango there, though. The information was for someone else, so I didn’t check it myself. 🙂

*Carol’s too

-bar & rest.

-salsa class on Tuesdays

-Jnliwuhouci Rd.

*Sanajon International Dance Club

-Latin, salsa, ballet, belly dance, yoga, martial arts, ethnic dance…

-one to one tuiton

-West Linjiang Rd. Nº.6

*Karibe Band

-Salsa, merengue, tango, samba

-From Colombia

-Monday to saturday

-Intercontinental Hotel Lobby, 8.00 pm

Participant

hi Isa, i’m so glad to finally find someone interested in tango in Chengdu! (i assume you are not talking about ballroom tango), i’m looking for dancers to practice with too, could you put me get in touch with your tango dancer friend~? (my email [email protected], follower)

as far as i know there is no place offer structured tango lessons in chengdu, but a friend of mine teaches her ballroom students about argentine tango basics in a dance studio called 奥体之星 in embassy area~ she may invite our teachers (Juanma y Sabrina) come to chengdu in March to open workshops, but it will depend on if there would be enough number of ppl that interested in the dance to afford the expenses.

hope we can get the tango started in chengdu soon

Hi Isa

My name is Hiro from Tokyo, Japan.

By now, you must have found or made any Tango activities here in Chengdu.

I am visiting here and stay only tonight, and leaving tomorrow.

If you have any Tango activity tonight, Monday, May 16,2011, please let me know.

Hiro

Participant

good new for tanguero/as in chengdu~

there will be a tango workshop on 8,9,10th July, taught by top Chinese Argentine tango dancer from Tangochino Beijing, this is a rare opportunity to learn salon tango in Chengdu (emphasis on connection and togetherness).

for more info please check

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4864f1fd0100wheb.html

or shoot me an email at [email protected]

How is the Argentine Tango going in Chengdu?

From what I read about this city, it is large and cosmopolitan enough to start an Argentine Tango community.

I will be coming in November on the 14th through the 17th, and I was hoping I could find some Argentine Tango.

How is it coming? Are there any places having Argentine Tango on a regular basis?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.