Tattoo Artist from Sydney Considering Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTattoo Artist from Sydney Considering Chengdu

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

G’day all. My name is John Balestri and I’m a tattoo artist from Sydney. I’m looking to relocate to Changdu. Does anyone know how it works over there or any good shops to speak to?

Here is my profile: https://www.facebook.com/JohnBalestriTattoos

Thanks everyone.

Keymaster

Hey John,

There is actually a burgeoning tattoo industry in Chengdu, which is discussed at length in this thread: Tattoos in Chengdu

At one time, pretty recently, it was difficult or impossible to get very high quality work done here, but that seems to have changed with the opening of a few new shops. I’m not as familiar with all of them as some other forum members, but there are a handful of tattoo artists in particular that are doing good stuff. I can get shop names but none of the guys I’m thinking of really speak English.

Here’s some recent stuff from a friend of mine in Chengdu, his shop name is ??? (Unique Tattoos – everything is hand drawn):

A few short years ago this kind of work was not available in Chengdu. Along with development of the Chengdu tattoo scene has come higher prices. Not major international city high, but it’s no longer really cheap. In my opinion, the door is wide open for a skilled foreigner to set up shop as a tattoo artist in Chengdu. It’s something I considered a few years ago after speaking with a friend in Hong Kong who runs one of the most successful custom shops there (Tattoo Temple in HK Central).

At a show last weekend some friends I saw dozens of tattoos.. they are really popular among a certain crowd in Chengdu that is growing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.