Tent repair in Chengdu or Urumqi – help!

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTent repair in Chengdu or Urumqi – help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi, the zipper of my tent broke. As I’m going to Mongolia for 3 months and in some areas there are many moskitoes, in other areas it’s pretty cold, I would like to repair my zipper here in Chengdu or Urumqi. After that it will take more than two months till I’m in Ulaan Bator.

The problem is not only to get a TWO METER good quality zipper (preferably YKK) or 2 one meter zippers but also to get the work propperly done.

Does anyone now where I could get the material and/or the work done? I’ve got a old but good quality tent and I don’t want to change the tent. I will use the zipper at least a thousand times more…

Any idea? Is there a outdoor repair shop (zippers for sleeping bags might work as well) or a shop where they manufacture tents?

Keymaster

This is a tough one, but here’s what I’d do…

Go to the areas where mountaineering clothes and accessories are sold and ask around. It will require speaking Chinese so hopefully you’re comfortable with that. Ask them where you can get the tent repaired and I think that’s your best shot. The area where I’d look is by Computer City on first ring road, just to the West of Renmin Nanlu. There’s a string of 4-5 outdoor equipment shops there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.