Thanksgiving Turkey?

HomeForumsIn ChengduThanksgiving Turkey?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there any place I can find some turkey (not expecting a whole one)? My girlfriends family is coming over and I want to show them what a traditional T-DAY meal tastes like.

Participant

http://waifood.com/product/view/id/1278.html

It’s cheap too. I’m getting one NOW. 😀

Participant

I always bought turkeys from Metro (was in another city though, dunno bout CD), usually around 6-7 Kilos and about a few hundred rmb.

Participant

I suppose it’s not that cheap, I’ll take that back, but for an imported bird that’s a lot of leftover sandwiches for me. 😀

Participant

Check the freezer section of supermarkets for legs or wings (I’ve bought them at Spar). You can also order fresh ones at the regular street markets. Just find a place that sells poultry, ask if they raise ‘huo ji’ and tell them how big of a bird you want, if you want the grass or silage fed bird, and if you want a male or female.

Participant

There is a turkey farm out near Dujiangyan where you can go to choose and buy one. I was looking for the location and information for someone else but cannot locate it right now. If I dig it out I will post, unless someone else already knows where it is and posts first? But the farm is there – south of Dujiangyan.

Participant

Thanks for the info.  I found some turkey legs online that I will use in my rostiserrie oven.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.