Things that make you go 'gross'

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThings that make you go 'gross'

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoYan.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I thought I would share something gross which is not bashing the Chinese so don’t be offended.

I was shopping in Walmart and there was a large trash can next to the vegetables, a woman comes over with her child (I presume) and the child begins to pee into this trash can, the pee was going onto the floor as well as into the trash can it was a fountain of piss and I felt grossed out and didn’t buy any vegetables! No one batted an eyelid pee on the tomatoes why don’t you!

I got outside with my small bag of shopping, paranoid I had pee on my jacket secretly sniffing for clues and I swear this is true a big car pulls up and a woman pushes out an older female child who quickly does a no:2 on the street! What the heck it was huge and I couldn’t help but look, I tried to look away but the curious cat in me couldn’t help but peek sick I know.

I still can’t get used to certain things anyone else got any stories to share about things you still can’t fathom.

Participant

Such a thread already exists: Weird Cultural Differences

Keymaster

Washrooms outside of bathrooms never having soap.

Participant

RE: “Washrooms outside of bathrooms never having soap.” Why would they need soap when so many patrons don’t bother using water, either.

The shitting/pissing anywhere that’s convenient for anyone that is under driving age is pretty much the tops in terms of gross for me, too, Diamond.

It’s really amusing to me how common it is for people to be ultra-concerned about some things which don’t necessarily matter as much, like washing out a visibly clean bowl at a restaurant with tea water, than more important things – like understanding that most of the food they’re putting into that bowl is cooked in extremely unsanitary conditions anyways.

Participant

I, on the other hand, couldn’t care any less about the pee thing. If they gotta go, they gotta go. Since the babies don’t wear diapers they make the best ouf of every situation I guess, lol.

I actually admire the fact that they seriously don’t give a shit. They don’t constantly think about what every other person around them is thinking. That’s awesome.

I’m convinced their brain works in a different way than ours actually, haha. Imagine you have to pee really hard and you’re in the middle of a busy shopping street, no toilet nearby and you can’t hold it. You have no other option but to do your thing against some plant.

A normal person would think:

“F*ck, this is so wrong, there are so many people here, they can see me doing this, come ooonnnn already pee faster!!! I look ridiculous! I want to get out of here, almost ready so I can go!! Hopefully nobody starts complaining”

Chinese person would think:

“……………………………….”

Participant

Nick Cage

Participant

RE: “That’s awesome.”

It’s not awesome. It’s absolutely unhygienic to shit and piss in public places. That shit and piss has to go somewhere. If you don’t mind shit and piss permeating the air around you, I guess you’d be perfectly in bliss travelling (or living?) around India slums. I prefer not to be around shit and piss in my public space, but maybe *I’m* weird..maybe?

Not only that, but it teaches, in my mind, bad values to the kids. If you need to do something, do it wherever you’re at, it’s not your house, so fuck it – let someone else clean it up. Maybe shitting and pissing everywhere as babies is what leads to people to have habits like not taking their fast food trays to trash bins at the restaurants, who knows.

Participant

i dont feel like bumping an old thread, and i actually think weird vs gross are two different things.

but yes, shitting everywhere. 3 instances where it was actually shocking to me:

1) kid taking a dump in front of louis vuitton and security guards doing nothing.

2) kid taking a dump in the subway train (which i would like to mention people don’t even smoke in). mommy picks it up with a napkin and throws it in a corner.

3) kid taking a dump in a restaurant. mommy picks it up with a napkin, puts it in the heap of garbage beside the table and continues eating as if she didnt just pick up feces.

Participant

Ok those last two are actually really gross hahaha wtf

@Rick I know what you’re saying and I agree, but I just don’t care. I accept “all” the stupid things Chinese people do, and if anything I think I just have a laugh when I see it happen. Except for shitting in the subway, that’s just too much for me as well hahah

(And don’t take the “all” too literally, obviously there’s something wrong with ppl not giving a shit when a kid is dying on the street)

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Why would they need soap when so many patrons don’t bother using water, either.

Your logic is that many many people don’t rinse their hands with water, so there shouldn’t be soap available to people who want clean hands? I see a lot of people rinse their hands with water, but there’s never soap or paper towels.

The real reason why there isn’t soap or toilet paper in public toilets is because when it’s made available, it gets stolen immediately. They made toilet paper available in Beijing during the Olympics and it would always get stolen before it could be used. The consequence of this practice is the gross side effect of not having soap in most public washrooms.

Quote:
    Nick Cage

The American actor? What do you mean?

Participant

I was trying to make a joke with that comment, obviously failed 😀 I wish there was more soap at washrooms too..

RE: Feces thing, sure it’s fine to accept it as “just part of China”, but that doesn’t make it less disgusting/unhygienic. Especially the picking up a piece of shit at a restaurant table and continuing eating…I’d expect any sane restauranteur to be yelling/chasing the mom and kid out if they were in discussion/preparation about shitting on their premises – sane patrons would see that and be like, um, WTF, I’m not coming here again.

By the same “it’s normal to shit anywhere” logic, anyone with Balls of Steel care to attempt to shit somewhere spectacular? Lets say, 3rd floor of the PSB in the waiting room? I’d pitch in some dare money. Lets make a statement. 😀

Thinking of 100 years ago in USA, Most women only washed their hair once a month, and used borax or egg yolks for shampoo. If useing diaper is not an affordable method, then….how many public bathrooms on an busy street? Sigh…. It is gross thing pee anywhere!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.