This is the Worst I've Seen…

HomeForumsIn ChengduThis is the Worst I've Seen…

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

@Vincent

Totally agree

Participant

i think that number is a bit misleading. there was fog, drizzle, low pressure and construction all converging for a perfect funk. Numbers for today plz?

Participant

That Android app I found is just a repackaged version of their webpage: http://aqicn.info/?city=Chengdu

I don’t know where they are pulling all of their data from though as the consulate Twitter feed only gives the PM2.5 & AQI.

Participant

Today AQI is 88 “Moderate”

Keymaster

From today:

chengdu-aqi.jpg

I check the Chinese government figures to establish a basis of comparison, but I wouldn’t advise using it as a primary source of information on air quality. They’ve been known to tamper with data.

Participant

I used Air Quality on Android, really depend of which control station analyzes…

Three Wayao

Three Weir

Stadium

Ten Mile Inn

Liang Lane

Shahe Shop

Caotang

Taurus Dam

Last update at 12:00

AQI 93

Participant

Federico, does that app report the raw data such as PM2.5, or only the AQI?

Participant

On Android only AQI factor… I installed another chinese application that give PM factor

AQI (with blue logo)

Participant

Is there any way to check the air quality from the US embassy/consulates without having a mobile phone app, and just on the internet? I don’t have a smart phone or tablet of any sort, but I would still like to know.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Is there any way to check the air quality from the US embassy/consulates without having a mobile phone app, and just on the internet? I don’t have a smart phone or tablet of any sort, but I would still like to know.

You can check the US Consulate Twitter accounts which provide hourly updates:

@CGChengduAir

@BeijingAir

Participant

I clicked on the Chengdu one, but it failed to load. I’m not using anyway to get through the firewall though, so that is probably the problem (though the idea of censoring information given out by a foreign diplomat does in my mind infringe on their right of diplomatic immunity).

Participant

Try this. Its the site of the widget that says uses consulate data. It doesn’t need a VPN.

http://www.aqicn.info/?city=Chengdu

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.