To Jailbreak or Not?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTo Jailbreak or Not?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I heard about this Chinese site (7659.com) that allows you to download apps without having to jailbreak your phone. I’m a bit reticent to jailbreak my iPad as I heard it can result in more program crashes than usual. I was wondering if anyone’s tried using the site, if they trust it, etc. Please also if anyone has a trustworthy link to jailbreaking or has gone through the experience before, impart with your wisdom. Thanks.

Keymaster

I suggest you not jailbreak for a few reasons:

1. It negatively affects the stability and battery life of your device
    2. There really isn’t much benefit to jailbreaking these days, since every iOS iteration has introduced features that you could previously only get by jailbreaking (like multi-tasking, folders, easy access to the flashlight, etc). The release of iOS7 will mean there’s even less incentive to jailbreak
    3. Apps really aren’t expensive when you consider the cost of these devices – something like 90% of all apps cost less than $2.99. In my experience, it’s worth dropping something like $50-100 to get all of your essential apps which you use on a regular basis. Plus, you’ll be supporting the developers and app ecosystem
    4. Acquiring apps through illegitimate channels like this site (7659.com, which sounds extremely sketchy, as with most Chinese websites) will make getting app updates a pain. In iOS7 apps update automatically without you having to do anything. App updates are a huge, important part of the app ecosystem and you most likely want to get these updates. They fix bugs, add new features, etc and sometimes bring entirely new and better experiences

If you’re going to pirate software, I suggest you pirate stuff like Photoshop or AutoCAD. Apps which cost hundreds or thousands of dollars where the pirated version isn’t discernably different from the legit version. iOS apps cost a few dollars a piece and overall it’s not worth the hassle.

Participant

Thanks. I was mainly thinking about it because I’m trying t watch breaking bad and my computer died recently so alls I have is the iPad. downloading torrents seems to be a bpains my. Any ideas regarding torrenttv watching/downloading movies or tv show?

Participant

Typing on the iPad, as is plainly evident, is also a pain.

Participant

I heard about this Chinese site (7659.com) that allows you to download apps without having to jailbreak your phone. I’m a bit reticent to jailbreak my iPad as I heard it can result in more program crashes than usual. I was wondering if anyone’s tried using the site, if they trust it, etc. Please also if anyone has a trustworthy link to jailbreaking or has gone through the experience before, impart with your wisdom. Thanks.

I’ve been recommended to download many costly apps for free with that software on my computer or tablets but the free-downloaded apps  may have some chance to not run. Even worse, after a while working apps you got from this software may become suddenly useless. Ps you can’t get updates for these fake apps.

Participant

Buying apple shit wasn’t the best idea to begin with but for it to be something more than a glamorous brick jailbreak is the only option. Otherwise just sell it to any Chinese and buy a phone which does what it is told to do.

Granted in china jailbreak percentage is somewhat lower that in most countries. I would advise just sell yours and buy jailed one if you can.

P.S. Not much really changed since then: http://lsd.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/stone-vs-ipad.png

Keymaster

Al the Dead, every point you try to make here is hopelessly wrong.

just sell it to any Chinese and buy a phone which does what it is told to do.

He’s talking about an iPad, not a phone.

Granted in china jailbreak percentage is somewhat lower that in most countries.

The number of jailbroken devices in China is not lower than in other countries – it’s much higher (about one-third). Compare that to a worldwide jailbreak figure around 5%.

I would advise just sell yours and buy jailed one if you can.

Why wouldn’t he just jailbreak his own device, which takes about 5 minutes, instead of selling it and buying another? Do you even know how jailbreaking works?

P.S. Not much really changed since then: http://lsd.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/stone-vs-ipad.png 

Not much has changed except for almost everything on that list, aside from the stupid bullet points which no one cares about (like that it runs Windows or is open source):

• it now takes photos and videos
    • flash is dead and no one cares
    • it has voice recognition
    • it’s HD, it multitasks
    • it has 3rd party apps and the best app store by a light year
    • supports a card reader and HD output
    Participant

Wont JB my phone, only did it on a ipod touch for fun~ and it turned out made my device hell slow like a snail!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.