Tomatillos in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTomatillos in Chengdu?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody ever see them here? Sometimes you just need some chile verde. I don’t think Peter’s has it on the menu.

Keymaster

I’ve never heard of this – quite sure it isn’t on the menu at Peter’s. One day Chengdu will have a real Mexican restaurant. One day…

Participant

I can pretty much guarantee you that Señor Peter Carlos Wang has never heard of a tomatillo! Then again….I might have seen fresh tomatillos imported from Oaxaca in between the rat meat and toxic ginger….but I also might have been dreaming?

You can grow them but sunlight and good soil is key so…a trip Mexico might be easier.

For a decent Mexican restaurant getting consistent limes, not rotten or rock hard avocados and masa flour that isn’t priced like gold might also help.

We will try growing them one more time. We did grow a plant, but our dog got to it first…

Good luck.

Participant

Dana, I think you’re right. I have confirmed with a long time Chengdu-dwelling-Mexican (who’s also married to a chef) that there are no tomatillos in the Du. Maybe salsa verde at the Tongzilin Carrefour.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.