Underground or Emerging Movements in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionUnderground or Emerging Movements in Chengdu?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Everybody,

My name is Patrick Hutchison and I’m a freelance writer based out of Seattle. I came to Chengdu in 2006 to study for a short semester and have always been in love with the city. Currently, I’m looking for topics that would be good for a feature in an international airline in-flight magazine. I was hoping you all might have some great insider information.

I’m looking for the things that are new in Chengdu. New trends, underground artist movements, culinary innovations, weird places. Anything that people have been buzzing about is what I’m looking for. This is not specific to the expat community either. In short, what would you find unique and interesting to read about if you were coming to Chengdu, aside from the usual travel destination pieces. If it works out, I’ll buy you a beer when I come!

Cheers,

Patrick

Hey Patrick.

I think one thing that would work for this is the rise in Tattooing in Chengdu, which when you were here in ’06 would have been scarce. It’s become hugely popular/acceptable to adorn tattoos in this short time, not to mention being something that people travelling to the city often seek out. This thread discusses Tattoos, you can probably find useful information within that. Otherwise PM me.

Let us know how any article/s you end up featuring/have featured turn out.

Keymaster

Tattoo culture in Chengdu is a good one. Some others:

– Underground hip hop and local rappers

– Fixed gear bicycle culture

– Skateboarding, specifically longboarding has gotten popular in the last year

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.