uTorrent Speeds and Connections

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionuTorrent Speeds and Connections

• This topic has 19 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoBen.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody using utorrent for osx? came home tonight and I can not make any connections been working fine for a year.

Participant

I am in the same boat. no idea what the deal is.

Participant

Maybe the great firewall, but I can use Ttorrent on my Galaxy S3 same wifi connection

Weird. I doubt this issue is torrent client related. Which ISP are you guys with?

I’ve got ADSL with China Telecom. Using transmission on freebsd and not seeing any problems.

Participant

My internet has been acting up also, I have had to change my vpn ports almost 5 times in the last two weeks. It good be the Great Firewall

Keymaster

I use Transmission but I downloaded an HD movie last night while sleeping, no problems. Might be worth giving it a shot, I switched to this from uTorrent: Transmission

I know Transmission is easy on CPU compared to my trusty Vuze, but I’ve never had any issues with using the (relatively mammoth) interface since I got here. I regularly get 400-450kbps (how did we become thankful for these speeds!!?) when downloading. There’s a new feature that lets you bind to your VPN, though I haven’t felt the need to use that all the way out here in China.

Participant

I’m using uTorrent with a VPN and usually depend from which server I choose.. usually I prefer Germany location because I need italian content.

With an ADSL 4Mb of 10050.net (China telecom) my download speed is around 200Kbps…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I regularly get 400-450kbps (how did we become thankful for these speeds!!?) when downloading.

I get roughly the same speeds and still download way more content than I actually consume. About 1-2 HD movies a night and I watch maybe 2-3 a week.

I was speaking with Ben the other day though who was telling me about fiber and how that yields 2mb/s or higher in Chengdu!

Quote:
    I was speaking with Ben the other day though who was telling me about fiber and how that yields 2mb/s or higher in Chengdu!

Damn I want that so bad.

Participant

Our internet is provided by China Mobile and Transmission is not connecting. They must of firewalled me. Everything has been ok for two years until yesterday. I can still download torrents on my S3 and Wii so all not lost.

Quote:
    Our internet is provided by China Mobile and Transmission is not connecting

Change the port and force encryption?

Participant

I randomize the ports still does not work. The dns is blocked checked my logs.

Quote:
    I randomize the ports still does not work. The dns is blocked checked my logs.

Write the DNS entry in your hosts file

I’ve been using uTorrent with no issues on my PC on Telecom.

Participant

Checked on the forums and many users having similar issue. I got transmission connected.

I have 5Mb/s ADSL. When you upgrade to the ITV package that China Telecom offer, they give you an extra 1Mb/s for free. I use a mixture of FTP and BitTorrent to download, and see consistent speeds. Currently downloading Flight…

`flight.2012.1080p.bluray.x264-sparks.mkv’, got 363702795 of 10562610539 (3%) 646.2K/s eta:5h36m

I occasionally download stuff via FTP to a friends FreeNAS server. He has 20Mb/s China Telecom fiber, until last week I was consistently seeing transfer speeds of 2.8MB/s. However, now I am only getting 300KB/s. I’m hoping this speed drop is just temporary as I was planning on upgrading in the not too distant future.

Oh man oh man oh man, would I love to have speeds like that.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Currently downloading Flight…

I just started downloading this today also. Been waiting for the HD release of Flight!

Quote:
    I use a mixture of FTP and BitTorrent to download

I’m mirin your download blend…

Fiber connection mentioned earlier is back to normal. Will definitely be upgrading ASAP.

`Groundhog.Day.1993.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS.mkv’, got 935063457 of 4694183931 (19%) 2.83M/s eta:25m

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.