Getting Vietnam Visa from Chengdu?

HomeForumsIn ChengduGetting Vietnam Visa from Chengdu?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all, does anyone know how to go about getting a Vietnam tourist visa here in Chengdu?  There doesn’t seem to be an embassy/consulate, and I don’t feel super comfortable mailing off my passport to Beijing for an unspecified amount of time.  I’ve got several weeks so there’s no huge rush.  Thanks!

Keymaster

Since there isn’t a Vietnam consulate in Chengdu I don’t think you have much of a choice unless you will be visiting Kunming soon (there is a consulate there also). It looks like it might also be possible to get a visa on arrival.

Participant

When I went to Vietnam a year ago I automatically got a 15 days visa upon arrival I believe. Depending on your nationality and length of stay you might not need to apply for any other kind of visa.

I used a visa on arrival service similar to the one listed above.

Participant

^^^ Yep, used cheapvietnamvisa.net for my trip this past January and had no problems. Be prepared to sit around the airport for at least an hour if you’re arriving late at night.

Participant

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Participant

I wish I could find this forum before. I asked around for so many, looking around for so much time for information. Luckily, finally, I reached Vietnam-visa.com and obtained my visa greatly.

Participant

spam

Keymaster

spam

Removed the link from that post. The site may be worth referencing for anyone looking for a third party visa agency beyond the one already recommended above.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.