Visa for Tibet

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVisa for Tibet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

First, sorry if this point has already been discussed but I haven’t found it.

I am french and with my chinese girlfriend we would like to go to Tibet this summer. So the problem is the visa for myself.

I’ve read it’s complicated to get it now, that you need to belong to a group and come by the same airplane to China. But I am already in China. So how can I do , and how can I join a group?

Thanks

Participant

Maybe u can get help from the travel agency

Participant

Some of the hostels and hotels in town organize trips. The Flipflop is one. They have Chinese staff who also speak English. http://www.mixhostel.com/flipflop/en/index.htm The staff was helpful to us doing some other things, but we haven’t traveled to Tibet. We did check into another guided group, though. Way expensive. Apparently now, when you apply for a permit to go to Tibet, you and the members of your group are supposed to be from the same country, or at least that’s what we were told. I think you get assigned a minder while you’re in Tibet, and you have to stick exactly to the itinerary that you indicated when you applied for the entry permit. The minder makes sure you only see and do pre-approved things. I would at least check with Flipflop to see what they can tell you. I’m sure there’s a way to do it. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.